5,596,235 Members 35,764 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-Pen Problem

Tip us?

Mars196
Old
(Last edited by Mars196; 7th December 2013 at 05:38 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default S-Pen Problem

I was doing some doodling today and noticed that when my Spen is hovered over the right side of the screen (see attachment) its aligned but when I lower it closer to the screen the pointer drifts off to the outermost edge of the screen sort of the same effect as if you had a magnet underneath that area. I was wondering it anyone else is having the same problem or if its only my device. It only does it if I am holding the S-pen slanted in the same way i have in the picture.
Does the exact same on the left side if holding S-pen in a left slant
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02981.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	2438013   Click image for larger version

Name:	bent.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	2438014  

nannlp
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Are you using any flip case?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

d33f
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Another case of a case with a magnet.

That magnet distorts the magnetic fields that are being used by the WACOM digitizer (S-pen).
- Currently: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Before: HTC One X (White/H23 Taiwan) running Viper X 4.0.6
- Before: HTC HD2 (sold)
- Backup: Sony Ericsson w810i still running strong after all those years with a standby time of 2 weeks xD

anir1.618
Old
Thanks Meter 0
That's going to happen man. Another friend of mine was using his Note 3 with the S-View wallet case that he bought along with the device.

The alignment was perfect for the first few days (if there was any, he probably did not notice). Then from the third day on, the right side of the screen became somewhat unresponsive. Tried it out myself. The digitizer was being recognized but in the wrong places altogether.

He started using some TPU case from Spigen I think and the problem vanished in a jiffy. Try that out. It's not a problem with your device.

robert_3EC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a similar issue and I'm not using a case at all. When close to the edges, the pointer moves a bit toward either edge. If I tilt the pen it does the same thing as OP's.