XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Lifespan?

Tip us?

Fullmetal Jun
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default Battery Lifespan?

How do I know when to change my battery?
I'm using cm10.1 07/14 for 5 months now without issues,but for past 3 days 5-8% battery discharge during standby, heating on charging or web browsing or even ui browsing and unusually low RAM.
Or is it some apps or games I've recently installed. I suspect that it might be new version of AVG antivirus, any ideas?
Please help! Thanks
My gratitude to Scott.hart.bti for his continuous support for the old Infuse 4g.My thanks to Enthropy for stable cm9,gtg,Andros,qkster and xda members for their tricks to use technology more efficiently

vorsprungtechnik
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Is your battery OEM or third party?
The Following User Says Thank You to vorsprungtechnik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leprechaun4u@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Jun View Post
How do I know when to change my battery?
I'm using cm10.1 07/14 for 5 months now without issues,but for past 3 days 5-8% battery discharge during standby, heating on charging or web browsing or even ui browsing and unusually low RAM.
Or is it some apps or games I've recently installed. I suspect that it might be new version of AVG antivirus, any ideas?
Please help! Thanks
Having the same problem but I don't have AVG or any games!

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprechaun4u@gmail.com View Post
Having the same problem but I don't have AVG or any games!
Other than the battery/charge issue, the cm11 is awesome!! Thanks to Scott!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to leprechaun4u@gmail.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fullmetal Jun
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Using original battery. I'm on cm10.1 14/07 a.k.a Android 4.2.2!
Deleted some games and apps and battery is stabilising a little during standby, but on slight use it loses 8% minimum!
My gratitude to Scott.hart.bti for his continuous support for the old Infuse 4g.My thanks to Enthropy for stable cm9,gtg,Andros,qkster and xda members for their tricks to use technology more efficiently

vorsprungtechnik
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Jun View Post
Using original battery. I'm on cm10.1 14/07 a.k.a Android 4.2.2!
Deleted some games and apps and battery is stabilising a little during standby, but on slight use it loses 8% minimum!
Have you flashed custom ROMs on the phone? If so, you should go and get an app like Battery Calibrator, which could recalibrate the battery and display the proper battery percentage. It's possible that your battery is fine, but your phone doesn't know any better since flashing ROMs mess up the cache.
The Following User Says Thank You to vorsprungtechnik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]