[Q] I need a little help fixing my i337 galaxy s4

Tip us?

RedOctober3517
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I need a little help fixing my i337 galaxy s4

Hello all,
so this morning i woke up to my phones alarm and the screen would not light up/come on. I tried rebooting the phone and the screen came on on the samsung custom screen (that is black with white txt and a picture of au unlocked lock), but my custom screen is now very white and i can barely make out the txt. then the screen cuts off and i hear it boot up properly. i unlock it with no screen on and can actually move a page to the left to hit my flashlight widget to turn on the LED flash for the camera. so the phone is still functioning properly (touches and sounds) but no screen visible exept for the custon boot screen and also ODIN mode (still very white but readable)

i am trying to flash the stock firmware to the phone to: 1. see if that fixes it. 2. get rid of custom screen to get my warranty
My computer and ODIN recognize the phone when its on normal but not when the phone is in ODIN mode....
i would like help with doing a wipe/factory reset using clockwork mod, but i will be blind.... and see if that frees up ODIN mode so my computer can recognize it

oh and im running a stock rom/rooted and i dont know the clockwork mod version number but the background in cwm is a penguin in a tux and hat i think

Questions:
1. What version of CWM do i have?
2. Steps to wipe/factory reset in cmw using volume up/down and sleep/accept hardware keys?

thanks abunch

RedOctober3517
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
maybe penguin is wearing jacket and beenie
maybe version is OUDHS Touch CWM-based Recovery 1.0.3.4

i have a Galaxy s3 with ClockworkMod v6.0.2.3
home options are

- reboot
- install zip from sdcard
- install from sideload
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache
- backup & restore
- mounts & storage
- advanced

is this the same options in same order as OUDHS Touch CWM-based Recovery 1.0.3.4???

RedOctober3517
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok so what ive tried steps wise to wipe data is open recovery on my i337 waiting several seconds to know it loaded then 2 clicks on volume down for - wipe data/factory reset then 7 clicks on volume down for - yes used google images to see screen shot of OUDHS Touch CWM-based Recovery 1.0.3.4 and my galaxy s3 cwm recovery to see how may ticks down yes was
ie:
- no
- no
- no
- no
- no
- no
- yes
- no

please any tips/comments/help would be awesome
thanks

RedOctober3517
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
any solutions for getting my computer recognize my phone while in ODIN mode?
connects when the phone is on normally (not recovery or odin mode)...
maybe i can flash something through recovery mode, but again im blind when using my phone cause the screen is not lighting up
someone can walk me through the steps in CWM or OUDHS CWM-based Recovery 1.0.3.4
PEASE HELP !

RedOctober3517
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
so i can hook my gs4 up to my tv and get into it. anyway to unroot and put stock firmware with rom manager or anything????