XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hassle sideloading, please help!

Tip us?

puredreamz
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhobert View Post
Ive googled it and I think enabling mtp on gear only works if the gear has custom rom and rooted. Mine still on stock.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If you're on stock, then I think that enabling usb debugging under settings->gear info can allow for usb transfer of files.
Samsung Galaxy Gear
HTC One
Sony Xperia Tablet S
HTC Sensation 4g
HTC HD2
HTC Touch HD
HTC Diamond
HTC TyTN II
XDA Orbit
HTC Prophet
HTC Blue Angel

cjakobp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiulpoi View Post
The reason is that your path has spaces in it. Command line tools treat spaces as delimiters between arguments. In other words, It thinks you want to adb install "C:\Users\SP", "Gaming", and "I\Desktop\samsung\calculator.apk". The fix for this is, like you did, either move it to another directory, or (even easier) simply put quotes around the file name. So, your full command would be

adb install "C:\Users\SP Gaming I\Desktop\samsung\calculator.apk"

As a tip for command line stuff in the future, do this.
cd "C:\Users\SP Gaming I\Desktop\samsung"
adb install calculator.apk

You can also use the Tab key to autocomplete file names when in cmd.exe on Windows, which will auto-add the quotes if they are needed.

As you mentioned in your other post, acquiring APK files in the first place isn't immediately obvious. You can use:
"cant post outside links" - retarded since this is a quote...
and just paste the Google Play link in and download, even without the extension. However, once set up, the Chrome extension is extremely easy to use; just click the button and you're done. If you really really don't want to install Chrome for your untold reasons, you can always set up a virtual machine, or use a program like Sandboxie to make sure it doesn't touch the rest of your system.

It does seem odd that none of the guides say that you had to hit the version number 7 times; that's actually been a part of Android since 4.2. All USB Debugging options are disabled until you do that, on any device.
Thank you so much for your reply! Now things doesn't seem as mysterious as they did. Once again, big thanks for your post!

btw, also found this repository for apks: androiddrawer

jhobert
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by puredreamz View Post
If you're on stock, then I think that enabling usb debugging under settings->gear info can allow for usb transfer of files.
My gear still won't show as usb on my computer, but installing apks through adb is working I just couldn't get the push file from adb to work.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app