XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 3.06.605.4 Update Space Problems

Tip us?

pwnzored
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 3.06.605.4 Update Space Problems

Anyone else having severe space problems after the update? I am rooted and s-off and I just installed one of the zipped updates and I went from over 3 GB free space to being unable to install apps due to less than 400MB free. I wiped the phone before install and I only copied my pictures back over. Storage is showing "Other" as 13.22GB.

pwnzored
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I found the issue. It appears that /sdcard now links to /data/media/0 rather than /data/media. I thought the files in the sdcard directory were all deleted during the flash but they were not, so there are still copies of my data and clockworkmod backups.

I believe this is creating another problem: I am trying to install apps and I am receiving the message "Couldn't Install On USB Storage Or SD Card." Is there any way to change the link for /sdcard/ back to data/media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnzored View Post
Anyone else having severe space problems after the update? I am rooted and s-off and I just installed one of the zipped updates and I went from over 3 GB free space to being unable to install apps due to less than 400MB free. I wiped the phone before install and I only copied my pictures back over. Storage is showing "Other" as 13.22GB.