5,596,128 Members 33,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where are adb pushed files saved?

Tip us?

TheAppleAndroidGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default Where are adb pushed files saved?

So yesterday I was stupid and accidentally wiped my internal sd when trying to install a rom so ended up having to adb push a rom file with twrp. I pushed it to "adb push ROM.zip /sdcard/" and it showed up in twrp so I could install the rom but now I can't seem to find the rom file anywhere. Any ideas where it might be?

andybones
Old
Thanks Meter 8359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmando2 View Post
So yesterday I was stupid and accidentally wiped my internal sd when trying to install a rom so ended up having to adb push a rom file with twrp. I pushed it to "adb push ROM.zip /sdcard/" and it showed up in twrp so I could install the rom but now I can't seem to find the rom file anywhere. Any ideas where it might be?
since we don't have option for an SDcard.
there is only one place it could be.
on the root of your internal memory folder.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Bad Seed Customs! - Member/Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

TheAppleAndroidGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones View Post
since we don't have option for an SDcard.
there is only one place it could be.
on the root of your internal memory folder.
That's what I thought but I still can't seem to find it, it's almost like it was deleted. I only mounted storage when I pushed the rom, would that matter?

andybones
Old
Thanks Meter 8359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That's what I thought but I still can't seem to find it, it's almost like it was deleted. I only mounted storage when I pushed the rom, would that matter?
If you were able to flash the ROM it HAD to of been on internal at one point.

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

TheAppleAndroidGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones View Post
If you were able to flash the ROM it HAD to of been on internal at one point.
Yeah I know, it's weird... I've tried searching in multiple apps for the file too and they don't find anything. Do you happen to know of any apps that scan for large files? I guess it's not a big deal if I can't find it but I'm kind of ocd about organization and keeping free space lol.

andybones
Old
Thanks Meter 8359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeah I know, it's weird... I've tried searching in multiple apps for the file too and they don't find anything. Do you happen to know of any apps that scan for large files? I guess it's not a big deal if I can't find it but I'm kind of ocd about organization and keeping free space lol.
I highly suggest "root explorer" but a few nice free file managers are: oi file manager, astro, es file manager.
Def. very weird that can't find it. Any of those apps can see the ROM files. Oh trust me man I'm a bit OCD myself, i understand.

The Following User Says Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brymaster5000
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1109

DONATE TO ME
The sdcard is actually 0/storage/emulated

Sent from my Oney Bone.

TEAM ECLIPTIC
Kernel Developer

Like my work? Consider donating to my new phone fund...wouldn't mind deving for the m8.

Devices:
HTC One vzw
Incredible 2 = retired
Nook Color

The Following User Says Thank You to brymaster5000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]