Battery life

Tip us?

KyleGriffiths
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default Battery life

I was just wondering how long people were getting out there battery life? my phone really varies, I can get just about a day with moderate use with music and browsing and phone calls but any more such as games and only get a few hours, I've read people get 2 days sometimes out there's and I've tried the power manager with smart only and battery saving apps and still no luck, It does annoy me sometimes when people say they can get days out of it, Any recommendations? I have been on b106, b111 and b119

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using xda app-developers app

SKMKD
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I usually get about 4 days of use. This is my secondary phone so I don't use it as much as possible, but on days that it gets his share of use, the battery last about 2 days. So let's say that the average is 3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGriffiths View Post
I was just wondering how long people were getting out there battery life? my phone really varies, I can get just about a day with moderate use with music and browsing and phone calls but any more such as games and only get a few hours, I've read people get 2 days sometimes out there's and I've tried the power manager with smart only and battery saving apps and still no luck, It does annoy me sometimes when people say they can get days out of it, Any recommendations? I have been on b106, b111 and b119

Hotfingers
Old
(Last edited by Hotfingers; 28th November 2013 at 06:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGriffiths View Post

I'm running Stock B122
Usually get a full day when I use the phone a lot, and 2 days when it's mostly on standby.
(for me this is slightly better than b119).

I have now underclocked my CPUs to 1GHz (I don't really need 1.5), and will see if it makes a difference to the battery life.
Antutu score for CPU at 1.2GHz is close to full, but for CPU at 1GHz, the score is about 3/4 full CPU speed. I figure the performance is OK, so if the battery lasts longer, then great.

Edit: Returned CPUs to 1.2GHz - performance OK, and battery slightly longer (2 days with my normal usage instead of 1.5 days)
Current phone: Huawei P6 (Stock B506)
Prev phone: · ·XPERIA (LT15i) - Legacy CM 10.1 rom

klincharov
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotfingers View Post
I'm running Stock B122
Usually get a full day when I use the phone a lot, and 2 days when it's mostly on standby.
(for me this is slightly better than b119).

I have now underclocked my CPUs to 1GHz (I don't really need 1.5), and will see if it makes a difference to the battery life.
Antutu score for CPU at 1.2GHz is close to full, but for CPU at 1GHz, the score is about 3/4 full CPU speed. I figure the performance is OK, so if the battery lasts longer, then great.

Edit: Returned CPUs to 1.2GHz - performance OK, and battery slightly longer (2 days with my normal usage instead of 1.5 days)
The graphs in NoFrills Cpu-control shows that it doesnt go even close to 1,5 ghz. - 75% of the time it is at 1 ghz, the other 25% are below that - mostly at 200 mhz. But it was for the last 5 seconds i think... I will try kernel tuner, i think it showed the graphs for a longer period.

Btw: thinking and observing my battery stats, do you guys think that poor reception is still draining battery with modern phones ? In my living room i am constantly loosing signal or being max at 1 bar and I think that's sucking up my battery a lot. Any observations on that ?

alex.79
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by klincharov View Post
The graphs in NoFrills Cpu-control shows that it doesnt go even close to 1,5 ghz. - 75% of the time it is at 1 ghz, the other 25% are below that - mostly at 200 mhz. But it was for the last 5 seconds i think... I will try kernel tuner, i think it showed the graphs for a longer period.

Btw: thinking and observing my battery stats, do you guys think that poor reception is still draining battery with modern phones ? In my living room i am constantly loosing signal or being max at 1 bar and I think that's sucking up my battery a lot. Any observations on that ?
Regarding the battery drain, my observation are same. On my work I had bad signal and battery is go down faster than when I'm on my home and when I have good reception of mobile network.
Huawei Ascend P6 4.2.2 & Acer Iconia A1-810 4.2.2 & Galaxy Nexus 4.3

warea
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:

True. Did notice quite early. Bad reception drains battery quickly.

And im not sure if its normal (because of i haven't compared with other mobiles), the wifi reception is not as good as the galaxy tablet im using. When the wifi reception is like 1 or two bars, on the galaxy tablet the wifi gets picked up and remain stable. While from the same location on the P6, it is quite unstable and keeps going on and off which is a battery drainer, and yes i did not activate any of the advanced wifi settings.

Huawei Ascend P6-U06 (EMUI2.3+KitKat)

klincharov
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I thonk its a little bit better now with B118, but sadly a lot of people loose/have poor reception in our living rom.

Sent from my P6-U06 using Tapatalk
Huawei Ascend P6 - B125
Ainol Novo 7 Venus - firomi 4.2.2 - Vivante GC1000+ sucks

La_Aguja
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Same thing for me... When I stay in poor reception zones, battery's drain is higher... Is similar when travelling, the phone "handshakes" in more constant way with different net antennas and this wastes the battery life...

That's happen also with older phones (not smartphones) but the ratio features to battery size is better in these "old phones", with less battery drain than today's "smartphones".
Best regards.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

BTW: At your advice, what's good and specific app to compare battery life between different ROM..?. Until now I've used a very simple way of doing so... And this is not exact to compare in a meaningful way.
Best regards.

klincharov
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Aguja View Post
Same thing for me... When I stay in poor reception zones, battery's drain is higher... Is similar when travelling, the phone "handshakes" in more constant way with different net antennas and this wastes the battery life...

That's happen also with older phones (not smartphones) but the ratio features to battery size is better in these "old phones", with less battery drain than today's "smartphones".
Best regards.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

BTW: At your advice, what's good and specific app to compare battery life between different ROM..?. Until now I've used a very simple way of doing so... And this is not exact to compare in a meaningful way.
Best regards.
Also when out of signal it is constantly scanning for network. But the logic behind low signal... maybe 1 bar means on and off, which is also with scanning. Or the modem is "overclocked" to maintain that signal. Who knows what is inside it's brain

The only thing I trust is myself using the phone the same way I always do for a couple of days.

Regards
Huawei Ascend P6 - B125
Ainol Novo 7 Venus - firomi 4.2.2 - Vivante GC1000+ sucks

La_Aguja
Old
(Last edited by La_Aguja; 8th December 2013 at 10:09 PM.) Reason: Add some explainings
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Also when out of signal it is constantly scanning for network. But the logic behind low signal... maybe 1 bar means on and off, which is also with scanning. Or the modem is "overclocked" to maintain that signal. Who knows what is inside it's brain

Regards
I think that's similar to the FM digital radios, below a certain signal level (trigger level) needed to improve signal to noise ratio for optimum reception, it scans continuously, searching one adequate level signal.
In fact, our smarphones are, only, a tremendously sophisticated and powerful radio transceivers and they need a good signal level for work well...
And they search steadily until find it... Of course, our batteries pay with her life

Quote:
The only thing I trust is myself using the phone the same way I always do for a couple of days.
Until now I've used a very simple measure system... After have 100% charged, took the phone, stops all services (except calls, also screen is off) and wait to reach 10% of battery... But is not much technical way to do so...
Best regards.