5,597,261 Members 40,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery won't charge - NOW COMPLETELY DEAD

Tip us?

The Lord Vader
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks for all your replies, fells good I'm not alone out here with the same issue.

I went to a shop 40 km from here and bought a new Note 3.

Then I started to do some research.

1. New battery - not charging
2. Tried new charger and cord -nope
3. Change USB connector at the bottom of the phone with the new one - still not charging.
4. Tried a new stock ROM via ODIN since I got a new battery - not charging
5. Mother of all..! Changed motherboard with the new phone. Voilá! Charging even with old battery.

Well, it looks like something really bad happened with the motherboard. And I haven't barely used the phone - but rooted it.

I will definitely root again but perhaps with "universal root de la Vega" instead of CF root. Don't really know what's best.

Once again, thanks for your replies and comments. They are worth gold when in trouble.

äon
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord Vader View Post
Thanks for all your replies, fells good I'm not alone out here with the same issue.

3. Change USB connector at the bottom of the phone with the new one - still not charging.
5. Mother of all..! Changed motherboard with the new phone. Voilá! Charging even with old battery.

Well, it looks like something really bad happened with the motherboard. And I haven't barely used the phone - but rooted it.

I will definitely root again but perhaps with "universal root de la Vega" instead of CF root. Don't really know what's best.

Once again, thanks for your replies and comments. They are worth gold when in trouble.

could this be relatd to knox warranty / burned efuse?

I'd just like to ask...destroying the phone because it's rooted seems to be a overreaction, if it's the case...

The Lord Vader
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by äon View Post
could this be relatd to knox warranty / burned efuse?

I'd just like to ask...destroying the phone because it's rooted seems to be a overreaction, if it's the case...
I'd would like to know that too! It happened after first NFC connection with my Galaxy Gear if it's any clue.

stanley08
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1370
My battery is going along the same lines, it is getting worse and worse and worse everyday since MJ7 update. Today it started showing 'Battery Disconnected' error and dropping the phone from about 2 feets height fixed it. I mean, i charge full, and next thing you know, it's down to 90%. I thought it was calibration at first, but no no it wasn't! The thing is i don't know if a new battery will fix and i wouldn't like throwing that money away for no reason.
GALAXY NOTE 3 (SM-N900)
Criskelo ROM v9 (NC1)
HALASZK UNIVERSAL5420 V0.14B KERNEL (CLUSTER)

MAXIMIZE THE BATTERY LIFE OF YOUR ANDROID DEVICE
JOIN THE GALAXY NOTE 3 FACEBOOK GROUP HERE

Past Glory
Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500), Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300), Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100), Sony Xperia Arc, Sony Xperia Neo V, HTC Desire HD

terryxsq
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord Vader View Post

My advise is if you can flash in a stock rom then do so and then take it back for warranty repairs. I dont think they really check the knox warranty void flag so if you are lucky then you may get a repaired or new/refurbished note 3 that is actually working.
The Following User Says Thank You to terryxsq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]