XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung custom icon

Tip us?

EfjZaiN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung custom icon

I have unrooted and done a complete wipe with odin but the Samsung unlocked icon is still there. How do I get rid of it?

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1244

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfjZaiN View Post
I have unrooted and done a complete wipe with odin but the Samsung unlocked icon is still there. How do I get rid of it?
What base are you on?

The short answer is that whenever you need to do that, you can always flash a full-wipe factory signed ROM image, which will clear the flag.

When I was on MI1, I used Triangle Away to clear the flash counter and "Custom" flag with some experimentation.
I think that using that on MJ7 will set the "Odin Warranty Void" flag which is not currently recoverable.

So, don't worry about it until you need to sell your phone or return it. If you really need it cleared right now, you'll need to flash factory stock and lose root in the process.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

EfjZaiN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I decided to remove root so that doesn't matter to me, do you know where to find a full wipe factory rom?

k1mu
Old
Thanks Meter 1244

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfjZaiN View Post
I decided to remove root so that doesn't matter to me, do you know where to find a full wipe factory rom?
The easy way to a full-wipe is to use the Verizon Recovery Assistant - plug your phone in to your PC and a drive will show up with the recovery assistant.
Otherwise, search the "Android Development" forum for your build for the appropriate full-wipe ROM.
Please keep in mind that doing a full-wipe install may make it impossible to root in the future.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock MJ7, now rooted!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to k1mu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EfjZaiN
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I won't be rooting again, thanks for the help.