[Q] Boot loop after upgrading to CM11

Tip us?

guynamedcolin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Post [Q] Boot loop after upgrading to CM11

Running latest stable CM10.2, I updated to latest CM11 and everything is fine until it finally boots up. Once it finally gets to the lock screen, it automatically restarts after about 10 seconds. I want CM11, but I can't have it unless I want my phone completely useless.

How do I get CM11 without being stuck in this bootloop?

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by guynamedcolin View Post
Running latest stable CM10.2, I updated to latest CM11 and everything is fine until it finally boots up. Once it finally gets to the lock screen, it automatically restarts after about 10 seconds. I want CM11, but I can't have it unless I want my phone completely useless.

How do I get CM11 without being stuck in this bootloop?
Did you wipe CM10.2 off the phone first or did you install CM11 overtop of 10.2?

If you installed it overtop of 10.2 that's your answer. You can't do that. Wipe it clean and do a fresh install.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

guynamedcolin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
Did you wipe CM10.2 off the phone first or did you install CM11 overtop of 10.2?

If you installed it overtop of 10.2 that's your answer. You can't do that. Wipe it clean and do a fresh install.
That's what I figured. I didn't do that though. I force restarted it once again and it finally just didn't boot loop. Hope once I update to another nightly it doesn't decide to boot loop again. Thanks, though!

Android_Monsters
Old
Thanks Meter 747
Wait a few more nights and the nightlies will not be so something.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app