XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] May have bricked phone - need help

Tip us?

ldhiii
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] May have bricked phone - need help

This all started when I wanted to install cyanogenmod a couple days ago. I was on 4.2.2 rooted and just wanted to play around. I used an app to back up everything, and didn't use Clockwork to make a backup (huge mistake). I finally got cyan on phone and didn't like it. then I started trying to flash stock roms back on my phone using zip files and clockwork. It would look like it was installed but would get hung up after the galazy s4 screen (never saw sprint screen or anything else). Then I tried using odin and the .tar files. I used odin 1.85 and 307. It looks like it recognizes my phone but I get a fail message. Here is what odin says:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Stock_Rooted_Odexed_MF9_Rom.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Now when I try to restart my phone all I see is "Firmware upgrade encountered an Issue. Please select recovery in Kies & try again". I can't even load up clockwork! Please help!

TheChaseB
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Have you tried
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2258107

It looks like you might have an issue that I ran into awhile back. I ended up using team win recovery. Also, when you changed to cm, was out still 4.2.2? Or was it something else?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

ldhiii
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well I am back in action! I downloaded the new philz recovery tar and used Odin 3 to flash it. I couldn't believe it worked! I was then able to boot into recovery mode where I was able to flash the stock rom that I had put on my sd card before I soft bricked the phone. I eventually put the triforce rom on the phone and like it so far. The only problem is I haven't been able to get 4g (lte) network connection yet?? Has anyone had this issue with the triforce 4.1 rom? My software version is MF9 and so is my baseband if that helps. Thanks!

TheChaseB
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Have you looked at this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277480

Now that requires you to update to mja but keep you're mf9 boot loader. Not sure of that's what you want to do or not. Once you got MJA you can't go back. However if you go MK2 you can back to MJA. Just depends how updated you want to be.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app