[Q] Motorola Photon 4G won't turn on/charge

Tip us?

Elodieme
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanlc2005 View Post
im not trying to say no to be mean... i just dont have that much experience to answer all your questions you may have. your best bet is to PM the OP of that thread
Okay because I'm just going to have to have everything literally spelled out for me. I wasn't exaggerating when I said I was a noob haha

tdhite
Old
(Last edited by tdhite; 8th December 2013 at 09:56 PM.) Reason: typo fixes.
Thanks Meter 1500

DONATE TO ME
As I thought, battery shot. Confuses many. So, an unbrick might not be necessary. The battery just won't even pull up the bootloader.

If you get the new battery, and you never rooted, thus didn't load the clockwork recovery hack, it should charge, and then boot might be ok. We will see, but until you see no boot at all, unbrick is the last resort since it's a slog and you're not overly experienced.

I can help, but the OP on the unbrick thread is a great help in most cases.

Elodieme
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhite View Post
As I thought, battery shot. Confuses many. So, an ubrick might not be necessary. The battery just won't even pull up the bootloader.

If you get the new battery, and you never rooted, thus didn't load the clockwork recovery hack, it should charge, and then boot might be ok. We will see, but until you see no boot at all, until is the last resort since it's a slog abd you're not overly experienced.

Thanks. I ordered a new battery when it started happening, so it should be in soon

Jonathanlc2005
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhite View Post
As I thought, battery shot. Confuses many. So, an unbrick might not be necessary. The battery just won't even pull up the bootloader.

If you get the new battery, and you never rooted, thus didn't load the clockwork recovery hack, it should charge, and then boot might be ok. We will see, but until you see no boot at all, unbrick is the last resort since it's a slog and you're not overly experienced.

it didnt charge... i tried all ways and it didnt work. it only unbricked after i bought a new battery.

tdhite
Old
Thanks Meter 1500

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodieme View Post
Thanks. I ordered a new battery when it started happening, so it should be in soon
No worries -- your duty (of course) is hit the Thanks button when folks help and we get somewhere. I also fixed a couple typos in my reply (typed on a phone, and naturally ends up imperfect. Just didn't want you confused. One way or another, you can get the phone back up and running.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanlc2005 View Post
it didnt charge... i tried all ways and it didnt work. it only unbricked after i bought a new battery.
Not quite sure what you're saying, but the new battery the OP in this thread purchased should charge fine unless something is really wrong (never rooted so never loaded any charge-precluding mods).

If you are saying that on your phone, with a new battery, you still had to unbrick it because it wouldn't charge ... hmmmm ... seems very strange. Even the clockwork recovery mod would come up and then allow rebooting normally.

We'll see when the new battery comes. Hopefully no unbrick work required, just a charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to tdhite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jonathanlc2005
Old
Thanks Meter 64
what i am saying is that when the phone is bricked.. i mean bricked... nothing works what so ever except rsd... then thats it... it will not charge the battery. if you have a dead battery then dont expect it to charge while rsd. i needs power on the battery to allow RSD because the computer doesnt flash when the battery is dead and doesnt flash without the battery.

thus... he needs a changed battery. you could buy a seperate charger if you like... but it is much more expensive then buying a battery[COLOR="Silver"]

tdhite
Old
(Last edited by tdhite; 9th December 2013 at 12:54 AM.) Reason: Qualifying boot on power ... OP might think real boots work ...
Thanks Meter 1500

DONATE TO ME
Ok, I see what you're saying.

Yes, if truly bricked, it's an unbrick operation. Smells bricked, but I find it plausible the OP gets a battery with enough charge to try a boot. It is concerning we couldn't get booted on power without battery, though. That should have worked. Do it all the time working on kernel modules.

Just saying don't unbrick until trying out the new battery, the former of which the OP could do on power alone.

To qualify so no confusion -- I reboot into recovery mod without battery merely by plugin in -- so I can flash over modules. I've never been able to boot in to the OS normally without the battery in, but we still should see the moto logo.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app