XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Engineer PRL/Lead Sprint Field Engineer

Tip us?

eskomo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default Engineer PRL/Lead Sprint Field Engineer

I just found out my neighbor has the contract to roll out LTE for the whole state. All upgrades are done by his guys. While talking to him the other day we got to talking about the tower data speed in out area and why it has slowed down lately and got on the subject of PRL's. He showed me on his laptop and his PRL files and most are not ones we have access to and some are engineering PRL's. Would any of these be useful to the community or just more cool to look at? I have no idea how I would get him to give me them and I assume its a real long shot but I am just curious if they would be useful.

As a side note I have seen every cell site in the state and can see turned on and even the direction they are pointed. The software he uses is very cool indeed.

xxaddictedxx
Old
Thanks Meter 54
the impact software he is using is very cool. all sprint/contractors of sprint have access to that tool. being an engineer he may have a modified version but its basically like impact. as for the prl's all those are are roaming lists so unless you hit a roaming area there is really no benefit to having an updated version unless your one of those people out in the boonies trying to catch a signal. if your in a populated area you will reap the benefits when the service becomes available. in a nut shell that list allows the engineer to connect to an otherwise useless tower during its construction until its at full capacity.......youd really prolly be skewing his results by connecting to the tower.
If it weren’t for electricity we’d all be watching television by candlelight--
George Globol

The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic.
- Abraham Lincoln