5,600,612 Members 33,708 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help getting a custom boot animation loaded on my Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210R

Tip us?

Willbeg4quarter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] Need help getting a custom boot animation loaded on my Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210R

I am quite new at all of this rooting and changing to custom roms and whatnot.

I have a rooted Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210R with ROM toolbox PRO installed on it. I would like to install a custom boot animation. I have gone into ROM toolbox >swiped right to "Interface" > Boot Animations > Selected "Tablet - BattleF3" > Pressed install. The file downloads but does not take effect when I reboot the tablet.

I rooted the tablet through ODIN and I have the TWRP Recovery whatchamacallit installed on it.

I would like to know what I am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated.

Also, the boot animation I would really like would be the mech startup sequence (probably gen 2 or gen 3) from the xbox game "Steel Battalion". Anyone know if one exists? Or how hard would it be to make one? The boot up sequence is found easily on youtube, and I think ROM Toolbox may have the option to make your own boot up animations.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Willbeg4quarter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well nevermind everyone. I figured it out on my own. Worked all day on it and not only was I able to get a custom boot animation on my tablet, but I was also able to download the Steel Battalion clip I wanted from youtube, edit the video to just the part I wanted, convert the video to jpg, then to a boot animation, and then was able to put it on my tablet. It looks awesome! This website was where I got most of my information. Thank you everyone!

I put the file down below. Feel free to use it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.14 MB, 26 views)

Willbeg4quarter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Now if only I could figure out how to get the sound added to it....