XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kit-Kat Roms Smoothness

Tip us?

keithwired
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Kit-Kat Roms Smoothness

Hey guys I was hoping someone on here with some knowledge about the different ROMS for the DNA can answer this.

I am a big fan of smoothness, I don't like lag or stuttering, I don't like Apple but I am jealous of one thing about the iPhone and that is when opening the apps menu or hitting the home button the transition is instant and smooth. I am currently running Viper 2.03 but I have tried a couple of the 4.4 ROMs such a CM, Omni, Gummy, and Beanstalk and have noticed that in every 4.4 ROM when opening the app drawer there is a delay when hitting the app drawer button and it actually opening. I have run multiple benchmarks using AnTuTu on the 4.4 roms and they score well at about 20000 which is about the same for Viper 2.03 but the Viper 4.2 ROM just seems smoother and more responsive with transitions. Is there a reason why that is? Is there a way to reduce or eliminate the transition delays in 4.4 or is that just a result of the ROMs having to be ported and not being native to the DNA.

Any thoughts? Because I like the google experience launcher and the new kitkat setup but I am ocd about the instant responsiveness and smoothness in transitions.

mr4r4n
Old
Thanks Meter 180

DONATE TO ME
OSE nightly had been running fantastic for me

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

_phoey
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I'm personally on OmniROM. Did you try flashing crpalmer's 4.4 kernel? That may increase the smoothness. If that doesn't work, try waiting until some Sense 5 4.4 ROMs start popping up and see what you think of them.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T
HTC DNA
Unlocked Bootloader > S-off > TWRP > OmniROM 4.4 Kitkat

What Would Breesus Do?

jamiethemorris
Old
Thanks Meter 628

DONATE TO ME
Crpalmers kernel will help a lot if you aren't already using it, definitely a lot more responsive. You could also try flashing the motox bionic libraries (not the dalvik libs though, they break camera).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:
Manic Harmonic
Fan Page