[REQ] 3-way Reboot menu for 4.3 update

Tip us?

Tweak_four17
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [REQ] 3-way Reboot menu for 4.3 update

Hey all,

I'm looking for an extended reboot menu thats flashable for the new 4.3 update thats been rolling out. I'm on Telus (Canadian carrier) stock rom NOT rooted but with custom recovery. (Can't root due to work restrictions). Does anyone know of one or if the ones for ex the GS3 would work?

Thanks!

SpikeDrums
Old
Thanks Meter 3
If you are not Rooted but with a custom recovery you flashed an unlocked bootloader correct?
As far as I know the 4.3 update for I317m bootloader has not yet been unlocked. I think if you accept the update to stock 4.3 you would lose your custom recovery until the unlocked 4.3 bootloader has been cracked. I don't think you would be able to flash any mods at that point.
Don't quote me.

Tweak_four17
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDrums View Post
If you are not Rooted but with a custom recovery you flashed an unlocked bootloader correct?
As far as I know the 4.3 update for I317m bootloader has not yet been unlocked. I think if you accept the update to stock 4.3 you would lose your custom recovery until the unlocked 4.3 bootloader has been cracked. I don't think you would be able to flash any mods at that point.
Don't quote me.
A bit of background information on my set up.
Previosuly I was unlocked, rooted and custom rom on 4.1. Then my work began no longer allowing rooted phones to receive company email so in SuperSU I clicked "unroot" and kept the custom recovery and custom rom with all the tweaks but lost root access. Then my phone got messed up somehow so I decided to wipe it and install a new rom as it had been a few months. I installed a 4.3 rom and proceeded to unroot it. Apparently in 4.3 something has changed and simply clicking unroot removed my root access but the company program (Good for Enterprise) could still detect that it had been rooted. So I grabbed the Telus stock 4.3 firmware from a mirror (Sammobile still doesn't have it due to hotfile being shut down) and flashed it through Odin. This put me back to stock recovery and stock firmware, not rooted. I then flashed TWRP over the stock recovery in Odin and here we now are. I can confirm that the recovery flash did take and I am able to get into it, etc. Just looking for some .zips to flash now to bring things back to a custom rom state minus the root.

32dave
Old
Thanks Meter 107
I think your stuck until some one comes out with a stock deodexed version as the reboot options are in the androidpolicy.jar file . Skynote 10 is based on the latest Canadian 4.3 and has the reboot option., just pull your csc folder and put it in the zip before flashing. But it is rooted and not sure if you can use cf-root to unroot as i have never tried to unroot you could also use xposed and wanam but you will need root for them to work hope i didn't confuse you