5,597,261 Members 39,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Advice Plz - need Wifi and Inverted Gapps?

Tip us?

jazzmoe76
Old
(Last edited by Naddict; 9th December 2013 at 12:01 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Advice Plz - need Wifi and Inverted Gapps?

I am looking for a Rom with a few specific items. I need wifi tethering and either inverted gapps or at least inverted mail app.(not gmail) What I am finding is that 4.1.2 Roms have tethering but none have inverted apps. 4.2.2 has the ability to invert the email via the black out updater app, but none I can find have tethering. Also, 4.3 and 4.4 do not seem to have tethering or inverted apps(however, would love to have newer OS). I want to stay away from Original Dev stuff, cuz typically there are issues. I have been searching XDA for hours. help!!
SGS4 White Hyperdrive rom

SGS3 White Hyperdrive rom

HTC Vivid Holics 0.8

Nook Color CM9 nightlies, OC 1200MHz

spongdangly
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmoe76 View Post
I am looking for a Rom with a few specific items. I need wifi tethering and either inverted gapps or at least inverted mail app.(not gmail) What I am finding is that 4.1.2 Roms have tethering but none have inverted apps. 4.2.2 has the ability to invert the email via the black out updater app, but none I can find have tethering. Also, 4.3 and 4.4 do not seem to have tethering or inverted apps(however, would love to have newer OS). I want to stay away from Original Dev stuff, cuz typically there are issues. I have been searching XDA for hours. help!!
From reading the Cyanogenmod thread it seems that Wifi tethering has been fixed in the CM11 nightlies.

If you're looking for a dark themed/colored email app I'd recommend K9-Mail (it can be light or dark) and you can download it from the Play Store, F-Droid or here.

I've been running Quantum ROMs for almost 2 months and am loving the smoothness and battery life which I believe is because of his Kernel. Since his ROMs are CM based, I can only assume that Wifi Tethering works (at least for the v3 version since it's CM11 based, v2 is CM10.2).

As for the inverted GApps, I have no idea.

Also, when it comes to custom ROMs there will always be issues which from my experience have been minor (I don't use Bluetooth so that bug has never bothered me) since they seem to always be works in progress (which isn't a bad thing since the developers are always trying to improve/fix their ROM).

I hope this post helped you out a bit and happy flashing.
If someone's post helped you press the Thanks button
For a truly minimal GApps BaNkS GApps is where it's at
Do you care about privacy and security? Use the Auto-Patcher to patch your ROM with OpenPdroid
The Following User Says Thank You to spongdangly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]