XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help with at&t htc one x

Tip us?

haleymama
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] help with at&t htc one x

hi can someone please advise me where to go or what to do...here is my situation. I followed this tut which worked excellent in rooting my htc one x at&t : forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-x/300735-t-one-x-root-boot-unlock-s-off-jellybean-3-18-ota-update.html

i wasthen going to install clean rom following this tut : scottsroms.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=455

after i installed the rom the phone rebooted but i saw htc logo followed by black sceen..nothing now and i have ben researching for a couple of hours now without a proper solution.. what i suspect is that the phone now does not have any os on it and i cant access the sd card to copy over another firmware. i am currently trying to put use ruu to install a rom but i suspect it has stuck on sending...

any ideas on what i can do? any help will be greatly appreciated

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4627

DONATE TO ME
I'm guessing your phone is still s-on? If so you just need to flash the boot.img via fastboot. Extract the boot.img from the ROM zip and copy it into your fastboot folder on your pc. After you've flashed the ROM and/or gapps, reboot to bootloader and connect your phone, make sure it says fastboot on your phone screen. Then you can issue the following command:

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Now you can reboot your phone into the ROM.

PS. Please make sure you questions in the Q&A section in future, here's a link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1572

Sent from my Evita
HTC Evita
KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5 | S-off
2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3

haleymama
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
I'm guessing your phone is still s-on? If so you just need to flash the boot.img via fastboot. Extract the boot.img from the ROM zip and copy it into your fastboot folder on your pc. After you've flashed the ROM and/or gapps, reboot to bootloader and connect your phone, make sure it says fastboot on your phone screen. Then you can issue the following command:

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Now you can reboot your phone into the ROM.

PS. Please make sure you questions in the Q&A section in future, here's a link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1572

Sent from my Evita

thank you and sorry for posting in wrong location..i will try this and let you know..

haleymama
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
hey thanks it worked,,

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4627

DONATE TO ME
Great! You should probably get s-off, it's super easy and it means you'll no longer need to flash the boot.img via fastboot. It has some other great advantages too. Head over to the Rumrunner S-off site and give it a shot, it could only take a few minutes.

Sent from my Evita
HTC Evita
KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5 | S-off
2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3