XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootlooping MD5 mismatch after CM11 install

Tip us?

bejahu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Bootlooping MD5 mismatch after CM11 install

Using ROM Manager and the latest version of CWM I tried installing today's (12-08) nightly build of CM11 to try it out. After doing a complete backup and then wipe data/cache the install failed. I'm not sure why but it said it was aborted and to check log and report the error to ROM Manager.

After that it asked if I wanted to reboot and I wanted to make sure I restored from my backup so I backed out of the screen but then it booted up on its own. It did not get past the S3 loading screen with the CM Android/alien guy it just turned off, back to that screen again and then back into recovery.

At this point I went to recover from my backup file and it said MD5 mismatch and won't load. I've since tried wiping data/cache/dalvik cache all manually and then boot up, or wipe everything and try to install the rom again... every time it just loops back to recovery mode. The last time I tried installing the rom again it told me I might have lost root access and asked if I wanted to repair it... I'm not sure what that means.

Any suggestions? I am lost at this point. I have no experience with ADB (I'm not sure if that's my only option) but I've used ODIN mode a few times. Easiest solution would be best.
The Following User Says Thank You to bejahu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Badouken
Old
(Last edited by Badouken; 9th December 2013 at 03:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejahu View Post
Using ROM Manager and the latest version of CWM I tried installing today's (12-08) nightly build of CM11 to try it out. After doing a complete backup and then wipe data/cache the install failed. I'm not sure why but it said it was aborted and to check log and report the error to ROM Manager.

After that it asked if I wanted to reboot and I wanted to make sure I restored from my backup so I backed out of the screen but then it booted up on its own. It did not get past the S3 loading screen with the CM Android/alien guy it just turned off, back to that screen again and then back into recovery.

At this point I went to recover from my backup file and it said MD5 mismatch and won't load. I've since tried wiping data/cache/dalvik cache all manually and then boot up, or wipe everything and try to install the rom again... every time it just loops back to recovery mode. The last time I tried installing the rom again it told me I might have lost root access and asked if I wanted to repair it... I'm not sure what that means.

Any suggestions? I am lost at this point. I have no experience with ADB (I'm not sure if that's my only option) but I've used ODIN mode a few times. Easiest solution would be best.
I had the exact same issue when trying to flash that same CM11 nightly build but with TWRP...

I just pulled the battery took my SD card out and reinserted it and I just kept booting into recovery and turning the phone off until it let me reflash a rom or backup. Obviously this isnt the most legitimate solution but that could work for you! It did for me!...

This could have been caused by needing an update of CWM or TWRP to better support 4.4 perhaps?
The Following User Says Thank You to Badouken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bejahu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badouken View Post
I had the exact same issue when trying to flash that same CM11 nightly build but with TWRP...

I just pulled the battery took my SD card out and reinserted it and I just kept booting into recovery and turning the phone off until it let me reflash a rom or backup. Obviously this isnt the most legitimate solution but that could work for you! It did for me!...

This could have been caused by needing an update of CWM or TWRP to better support 4.4 perhaps?
I tried that to no avail. I unfortunately had to revert to stock unrooted via ODIN mode and it got me to boot back up. I can just reroot now. Luckily I made a backup with Titanium and uploaded it to my Google Drive.