Default [Q] Kindle Fire: Problem with TWRP and Flashing ROM

First I ran KFU 0.9.9, this installed FFF with no problem. KFU downloaded "most recent twrp" and installed it (but does not work, freezes at teamwin logo). and it had trouble installing su.

After looking around for ways to root kindle fire 6.3. without using KFU. I found a tutorial on the following website Eputor.com.

and ran these comands using cmd

1. adb push fbmode /data/local/fbmode
2. adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/fbmode
3. adb shell /data/local/fbmode
4. adb reboot

after booting into Fastboot mode, I use the following commands

1. fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader u-boot.bin
2. fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery twrp.img
3. fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000
4. fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot

after booting into recover I use the following commands:

1. adb shell mount system
2. adb push su /system/xbin/su
3. adb shell chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
4. adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su

Does it mean that I am not rooted if I have to turn on "allow installation of applications" in the kindle fire settings before installing SU?

After installing SU and gapps I believe I have accessed root because when I install 3rd party apps SU asks for permission to grant permission.

I have had to manually flash twrp 2.4 because every time I flash a newer twrp and boot into twrp, twrp gets stuck at at the teamwin logo then reboots with no access to recovery, It would either stay frozen at the teamwin logo or would not boot recovery at all. Ive flashed every twrp version from 2.6 going down the list of twrp downloads but am only able to get passed the teamwin logo in 2.4.0

after flashing twrp 2.4, I flashed 3 different roms

1st rom - I wiped cache, dalvik cache, factory rest and then flashed jb-4.2.2-kfire-hashcode-2013-02-12.

wiped cache again after install was complete, then flashed gapps and after that , wiped cache again.
after rebooting, I get stuck on a the boot animation. It then freezes for a few minutes then it reboots back into FFF then loops back same boot animation loop.

2nd rom - I then proceed to wiped cache, dalvik cache, factory rest and then flash Cm - 10.1 - 20130724 - 1413 - otter-sgt7.zip, wiped cache again after install was complete, then flashed gapps and after that , wiped cache again and reboot.
After rebooting, I get stuck on a the boot animation very similar to the previous rom, it boots up to the boot animation, but the difference is that the boot animation is off centered and cut off. It then freezes for a few minutes then it reboots back into FFF then loops back same boot animation loop.

3rd rom -I do the exact same with Pac_otter_4.3-build.1.RC_20130824- 144117.zip and the exact same thing happens boot loop with off centered boot logo. then reboots into fff and off centered boot logo.

I even flashed a bunch of 4.2 roms with the same problem boot loop with the logo off centered and cut off.

I cant find a rom that will work. I really hope this is enough information, I hope someone out there can help me.

In this thread, it was advised to wipe data. in twrp 2.4.0.0, the wipe options are cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, system, external storage, and android secure. Is it nececary to wipe external storage, system and android secure? I have only wiped cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, system. Please advise.