XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] failed to mount efs

Tip us?

smage85
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] failed to mount efs

I think I managed to finally soft brick my device.

Made some xposed changes (on v22 criskelo Note 2 version with devil kernel 1.98 ), the device got into a boot loop.

Tried to reflash v22 but it didn't work.

Then I tried to to restore my old backup via recovery but it's giving an "error mounting efs" error.

Now I'm trying to restore from KIES and trigger emergency recovery but not sure if it's going to be of any help .

Sadly I'm an idiot and don't have efs backup

After KIES emergency recovery the device is still stuck in a loop. Now custom recovery is gone as well replaced by Samsung's. The error given is E: failed to mound /efs (invalid argument).

So now I'm on a stock probably with broken efs and no backup. Where do I start? What do I do?

sora9009
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by smage85 View Post
I think I managed to finally soft brick my device.

Made some xposed changes (on v22 criskelo Note 2 version with devil kernel 1.98 ), the device got into a boot loop.

Tried to reflash v22 but it didn't work.

Then I tried to to restore my old backup via recovery but it's giving an "error mounting efs" error.

Now I'm trying to restore from KIES and trigger emergency recovery but not sure if it's going to be of any help .

Sadly I'm an idiot and don't have efs backup

After KIES emergency recovery the device is still stuck in a loop. Now custom recovery is gone as well replaced by Samsung's. The error given is E: failed to mound /efs (invalid argument).

So now I'm on a stock probably with broken efs and no backup. Where do I start? What do I do?
some user succesfully mount it back
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2073654
Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
Rom: N7100XXUEML3
Kernel: 3.0.31-2229877
Bootloader: N7100XXUEML3
Region: XME (Malaysia)

Being a noob is not an excuse to be stupid and lazy.

If you don't care about warranty, why you come here crying after you bricking your device and then asking how to claim the warranty ?
Tags
brick, efs, stuck