XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't charge while phone is on

Tip us?

shadowtdt09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Plug [Q] Can't charge while phone is on

I flashed a cyan build delta using the app cyandelta the other day and after that, the phone refused to charge unless it was turned off. I figured the build had broken something but discovered that the phone would hang when trying to boot into twrp. So i did a full reset using the 1.29 ruu to see if that would help and it did not except now i get a warning on screen saying the usb host is unplugged and unable to change in the notification area.

the stock build also suffers from other random quirks like during phone call it repeatedly turns on and off the speaker phone and the gyro sensor will randomly turn my screen sideways.

took it into the sprint store and said there was corrosion on the charging port but i know it has not gotten wet at all the past few days and that the problem occurred right after the flash.. They refuse to touch the phone and say i have to pay 150 to replace it. I have tried cleaning the port with a dry toothbrush to no avail

Is there anything else i can try and re flash that might fix some messed up software or was flashing the ruu the best bet.

Thanks for your time and help
-shadow

plainjane
Old
Thanks Meter 461
Had the EXACT same issue on mine, never unlocked or rooted. Sometimes the volume would just disappear as well (even when using headphones) but the Beats icon would still show. Everything would go into permanent landscape mode at times. Calls answered in speaker automatically. If I plugged it in while it was on I got the usb host notification. The car mode app thingamajig launched for no flippin' reason, had to turn it off to charge it, all that jazz.
Definitely a hardware issue with the usb port. I took mine to Sprint hoping for a replacement but it has a barely visible crack horizontally across the screen so that was denied unless I agreed to pay the $150 deductible. It flew out of a car with me about a month prior so that did some damage to the phone. Then I dropped it the day these issues started happening. The port felt loose, I figured all of the wear and tear messed it up.

I didn't actually fix the phone though. It just randomly started working smoothly again and I haven't had a problem with it since - it has been a couple of months now. From all of the research I did, I saw that most people had the problem just fix itself for no reason and never come back. I tried cleaning the port and poking and prodding but nothing fixed it. Just one day, BOOM, all better.

Hope it decides to behave soon

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
HTC Supersonic (EVO 4G)
HW 003
Hboot 2.02 S-Off
Amon Ra recovery
More stuff that I'm too lazy to figure out and type.
MIUI 2.3.2_b1 ES (by Swiperat)
Extended Settings Mod
Tiamat 4.1.0 SBC

My wallpaper collection
GTalk: ohhhgeez@gmail.com

If you think I can help you with something or need me to elaborate on a post then feel free to pm me. I'll try my best to help you out.

Oh, and I have a vagina. Fear me :P
Tags
charging