XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how patient will I be?

Tip us?

Proud2banoob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default how patient will I be?

Well, with many thanks to jfbs and ArtfulDodger, my phone is alive again, after my ham-handed abuse. I had it stock for about a day before the desire to get rid of the bloatware made me root it. Now, it's rooted with the stock rom. Am I a reformed flashaholic? I don't know if I'm going to go back to the jb rom i was trying to get back on the phone, or will i stay with stock until kit kat makes it to the exhibit? I would love me some slimkat - j/s. They sat patience is a virtue, but I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy with the attention span of a gnat....

tazmaniondvl
Old
Thanks Meter 503

DONATE TO ME
We do have KitKat I'm running it now

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Light T399
Be kind and hit the
THANKS button!

Proud2banoob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
I know. I read that. I'm just running rooted stock, right now. Kit Kat is a serious temptation. Hey a good kernel, like we had with jb, and I will....

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

ArtfulDodger
Old
Thanks Meter 1118
Guys even on the S2 with official updates KitKat is very buggy. It's a very fast ROM but it has to be the buggiest android release ever! I know a new OS has problems at times but geez we're to 4.4.1 now and still there are issues and ART is not cooperating much. I'd really wait a while before trying it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ArtfulDodger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Proud2banoob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtfulDodger View Post
Guys even on the S2 with official updates KitKat is very buggy. It's a very fast ROM but it has to be the buggiest android release ever! I know a new OS has problems at times but geez we're to 4.4.1 now and still there are issues and ART is not cooperating much. I'd really wait a while before trying it.
Thanks for letting us know. I figured I would wait a bit, for the wrinkles to get ironed out. Still pretty early. I'm happy with the Exhibit right now, so I can afford to wait a bit.

tazmaniondvl
Old
Thanks Meter 503

DONATE TO ME
I'm happy with KitKat every thing I use has worked fine

Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Light T399
Be kind and hit the
THANKS button!
The Following User Says Thank You to tazmaniondvl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Proud2banoob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaniondvl View Post
I'm happy with KitKat every thing I use has worked fine

That's good to know. I am sure AD is a serious power user, compared to me. I do know that when I read the OP there are still some things missing which I might use, but i will do some research. I might just hold my nose and put CM on my phone.... lol!