[GT-9001][DEV] AriesVE-DevConnection-Team Projects Status

Search This thread

ricardofavmoreira

Nov 23, 2012
CyanPing missing

Hi. Did you remove the CyanPing ringtone? It doesn't appear on the notifications sound list and has reverted to the default one.:confused:

smeroni68

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Milano
Just an information that probably is not so visible in the changelog of the kernel:

We add on kernel the support for exFAT format... this extension has been prepared let's say "for my personal need"... I bought the mentioned SDXC card of 64GB ... I tested personally the exFAT support with this microSD card... so I can confirm that at least the one reported in the changelog (click on the name to see a picture of it) is perfectly working on our 9001... I think this break the barrier of 32GB size SDHC that Samsung has defined as hardware limitation...

This model of card works perfectly on RECOVERY and on ROM/KERNEL side... tested over CM10.1, CM10.2 and CM11.0... recovery TWRP v2.6.3.0...

All custom kernels of ADC Team devs are aligned with this feature.

If someone of you need as me a bigger storage, you can be sure that it works!!!

Enjoy ;)

I.Am.Nam

Jan 26, 2012
Please Help!

I am extremely sorry for OT here, but this is the only place I can ask this. I flashed CM11 and now whenever I try to reboor, I get stuck at the ariesve dev logo I cannot get past this without wiping data and startibg over. ANy help is appeeciated. I am using CWM 5.5.0.4

XeLLaR*

Jun 25, 2012
DevConnection
I am extremely sorry for OT here, but this is the only place I can ask this. I flashed CM11 and now whenever I try to reboor, I get stuck at the ariesve dev logo I cannot get past this without wiping data and startibg over. ANy help is appeeciated. I am using CWM 5.5.0.4

Why do you not follow the install instructions? You could have saved alot of time.
You have to use the newest TWRP in order to flash CM11. Otherwise this will happen.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Nice work boys! Im a bit jealous now since we Xperia SP users need to wait until Sony releases their 4.3 sources to build an official CM ROM. I do get 4.3 next month and 4.4 in 2014 but still

Great work guys. I will miss you all :)
(since my little bro wont handle me its phone to play with (my old I9001) :( )
Regards

Edit: For those who are still on 10/10.1 here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nick.kitkatlauncher you can find a very nice kitkat launcher. It has a premium version but this free version is amazing... (works on ICS too :D)

Le screens:
2013-11-27%2019.49.02.png
2013-11-27%2019.49.09.png

Last edited:

BigAznJimmy

Nov 1, 2013
I dont want to tell you guys what u should do next. But it doesnt look like that the ION Rom is still in Development. I guess that ION should work better than pmem. So why dont u finish the ION rom first? You can put ur ION work on the coming roms. So all Roms should work better. It was just my opinion about it.

Keep working.

Last edited:

smeroni68

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Milano
I dont want to tell you guys what u should do next. But is the ION Rom still in Development? Because I guess that ION should work better than pmem. So why dont u finish the ION rom first? You can put ur ION work on the coming roms. It was just my opinion about it.

Keep working.

Yes... ION is still moving... but the team has different devs, and the activities are subdivided between them... by putting CM10.1 in EOL, we have some more time for all the rest :good:

TwinHeadedEagle

Jan 13, 2012
Belgrade
Take your time and decide yourself what is the best to fo next. I think that PMEM is still enough, and that you should focus on KitKat (so we can get the best ROM for our device to be used daily), and try to fix ION in the meantime...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

XeLLaR*

Jun 25, 2012
DevConnection
Can we please stop the OT here?
As i wrote in the first post, keep this thread clean. Do not post stuff here unless it are inportant news for Development.
Thanks.

Edit:
P.S: If you guys dont stop the OT we will close the topic, and youll see what you get for the OT :)

Gz
X

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Christopher83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2012
Milan
Hybrid memory allocation CM 10.1

Hi guys,
a preliminary build of CM 10.1 with hybrid memory allocation (ION + PMEM ADSP) is under test.
It'll be released in the next days...
What you'll find in this new build:
- ION for almost all of the memory allocations of system
- PMEM ADSP for camera libs
- Updated Adreno Vanilla MR1 graphics drivers and kgsl kernel drivers (already available inside the first released CM 10.1 ION preview)
- Updated CAF repos instead of Legacy repos for media and display
- Updated 3.4 kernel for better ION, video and kgsl drivers support
- Camera and camcorder (480p and 720p) fully working
- Video HW playback working (both video files and youtube HD videos)
- No more glitches after photo/video capture
- No more glitches when using Google Maps
- Better performance with games (due to the updated Adreno libs)

The choice of using a CM 10.1 as base system instead of the CM 10.2 or CM 11 is simply related to the fact that it is currently the most stable rom and also because this side project was born out of this version of CM. Surely, we will create new branches for the latest versions of Android, but, as always, one step at a time. :fingers-crossed:

Have a nice day!

oiseau

Feb 23, 2010
Bonn
Wow cant wait to get cm11 with ion in hands. But first its really better to stay in 10.1 to test the Code. Nice work again.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk

TwinHeadedEagle

Jan 13, 2012
Belgrade
CM 10.1 is a great ROM and working amazingly good, so ION will only make it better. I can only imagine how well it will perform within CM 11, that is currently the fastest build yet...of course, it is still needed a lot of work :)

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Hi guys,
a preliminary build of CM 10.1 with hybrid memory allocation (ION + PMEM ADSP) is under test.
- Updated Adreno Vanilla MR1 graphics drivers and kgsl kernel drivers (already available inside the first released CM 10.1 ION preview)

The choice of using a CM 10.1 as base system instead of the CM 10.2 or CM 11 is simply related to the fact that it is currently the most stable rom and also because this side project was born out of this version of CM. Surely, we will create new branches for the latest versions of Android, but, as always, one step at a time. :fingers-crossed:

Have a nice day!

Just a question that will be asked anytime soon: How much user RAM does the kernel have? My guess is about 360-370 mb..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sigpic5292938_7.gif

Hey Guys

Since there were alot complains about our information policy, we wanted to give you a larger inside, in our projects.
    Here we go:

ROM ION/ADSP PMEM Versions:

CM 10.1 (4.2.2) - ION MEMORY ALLOCATOR (CMA)
    • Release 6 (EOL)
    • CURRENT STATUS >> RELEASED 20141119

CM10.2 (4.3.1) - ION MEMORY ALLOCATOR (CMA)
    • Release 5 (EOL)
    • CURRENT STATUS >> RELEASED 20140712

CM11.0 (4.4.4) - ION MEMORY ALLOCATOR (CMA)
    • Release 14
    • CURRENT STATUS >> RELEASED 20141124

ROM PMEM EOL Versions:

CM 10.1 (4.2.2) - (old) PMEM ALLOCATOR
    • Release 9 (EOL)
    • CURRENT STATUS >> RELEASED 20131124

CM10.2 (4.3.1) - (old) PMEM ALLOCATOR
    • Release 1 (EOL)
    • CURRENT STATUS >> RELEASED 20131125

CM11.0 (4.4.1) - (old) PMEM ALLOCATOR
    • Alpha 3 (EOL)
    • CURRENT STATUS >> RELEASED 20131207

RECOVERY Versions:

Recovery CWM & TWRP (Full Selinux support!!)

****DO NOT ASK FOR ETA****
    ****KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN****
    Just to ask, have you tried to port Kit Kat?

yes work is going on

cm-11.0 (kitkat) is booting fine now but there are some things to fix

get it to boot this evening
    Hybrid memory allocation CM 10.1

Hi guys,

Have a nice day!
    Last minute update:

Yesterday night CastagnaIT has completed the update of sensors changes. We are testing now CM10.1 Release 8 and tomorrow we will start with CM10.2 Alpha 3... if no problems, in a couple of days we will release public... thanks for your patience, but it was necessary...

Stay tuned...
    CM 10.2 and CM 11.0 ION + PMEM ADSP

Hi guys,
    we can say that the issues of battery drain on CM 10.2 and CM 11.0 ION +PMEM ADSP have been solved.
    Now we have to fix a small framebuffer issue only.
    We hope to give you these two other nice presents for Christmas, better before, so don't change the phone!!!