Tip us?

6franek
Old
(Last edited by 6franek; 8th December 2013 at 03:39 PM.) Reason: typos
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Very loud, but very weak vibration motor

Hi,

I've bought new Sony Xperia Z1 a few days ago and overall it's a great device, but there is one issue, which is very annoying for me.

The vibration motor is very loud, but at the same time vibrations are just weak, so that when the ringtone is set on the lowest level, the motor is louder than this ringtone and when I keep the phone in my pocket I can hardly feel anything when it's vibrating.
In the keyboard I've set the shortest possible vibrating time, but it still makes more sound than vibrations.

The pitch of the sound is increasing with the duration of the motor working: eg. when I push home button for one time, the sound is quite low (but still loud), but when I press a few times in a row the sound gets higher and even more irritating.

Is it normal behavior for this smartphone? It's very annoying, because vibration should be discrete way to notify me about incoming calls or text messages. The fact that it is louder than a normal ringtone makes it useless.

Is it possible to fix it via software or is it a hardware issue and I should send the phone to the repair center (i'm afraid to do it, because they've destroyed my phone in the past).

thomas8787
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem, sometimes it works, but mostly it is making a scratching sound.
I've turned off the vibration when pressing the screen/keyboard, makes too much noise.
It is probably a hardware issue, i want to fix it by myself, because i don't trust the repair centers.

thegios
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas8787 View Post
I have the same problem, sometimes it works, but mostly it is making a scratching sound.
I've turned off the vibration when pressing the screen/keyboard, makes too much noise.
It is probably a hardware issue, i want to fix it by myself, because i don't trust the repair centers.
vibration very weak here: if in pocket or on any surface I can hardly feel it
SONY Xperia Z1 - JB 4.4.2 - 14.3.A.0.757 - rooted with dual recovery thanks to [NUT]
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - JB 4.1.2 - JZO54K.N8000XXCMJ3