5,599,190 Members 35,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MSI GS70 Stealth Or Razer Blade 14"???

Tip us?
 
Shotgun4
Old
#1  
Shotgun4's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 93
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wainfleet
Talking [Q] MSI GS70 Stealth Or Razer Blade 14"???

Hey guys, help me decide between the Razer or the MSI laptop. Im not huge on the 17 inch razer , the touch pad screen doesn't mater much to me, so basically which laptop between the two would you chose... thanks
 
Desolutional
Old
#2  
Desolutional's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 49
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun4 View Post
Hey guys, help me decide between the Razer or the MSI laptop. Im not huge on the 17 inch razer , the touch pad screen doesn't mater much to me, so basically which laptop between the two would you chose... thanks
If you don't have a choice, the GS70S, otherwise search google for some well known gaming PC manufacturers and buy a custom laptop from there; usually far better value for your money. The GS70S offers more storage for games, movies, music and other stuff too,
 
Shotgun4
Old
#3  
Shotgun4's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 93
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wainfleet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolutional View Post
If you don't have a choice, the GS70S, otherwise search google for some well known gaming PC manufacturers and buy a custom laptop from there; usually far better value for your money. The GS70S offers more storage for games, movies, music and other stuff too,
Do you know of any manufactures that alow you to custom build a decent, thin gaming laptop? And whats your thoughts on maingear pulse 17 ?

Thanks
 
Desolutional
Old
#4  
Desolutional's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 49
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun4 View Post
Do you know of any manufactures that alow you to custom build a decent, thin gaming laptop? And whats your thoughts on maingear pulse 17 ?

Thanks
If you want a thin gamer's laptop, go for the Pulse, I how you feel about Razer products. The pulse looks great, however, the thinner the laptop the greater the heat produced and the lower the capacity of the battery (small battery, cause of the thinness). If you are gaming on AC then grab the pulse. For browsing the web and movies, both the pulse and razer power down the GPU so you won't be burning through too much battery.

Which is also why many custom laptops are quite chunky too, mainly for the battery and SLI graphics.
 
Shotgun4
Old
#5  
Shotgun4's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 93
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wainfleet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolutional View Post
If you want a thin gamer's laptop, go for the Pulse, I how you feel about Razer products. The pulse looks great, however, the thinner the laptop the greater the heat produced and the lower the capacity of the battery (small battery, cause of the thinness). If you are gaming on AC then grab the pulse. For browsing the web and movies, both the pulse and razer power down the GPU so you won't be burning through too much battery.

Which is also why many custom laptops are quite chunky too, mainly for the battery and SLI graphics.
Manly if im gaming, the laptop will be pluged in with a fan base under it, i need the protablity for collage. So ive basically pit out the MSI Stealth because ive heard some bad things on cheap build quality as the screen bends and the latches have broke. I haven't heard puch about the pulse , and the razer has a steep price for not being as customizable.

So overall, you would choose based on, using it for gaming with fan dock and ac power, with protability and build quality , the razer?

Thanks again
 
Desolutional
Old
#6  
Desolutional's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 49
Join Date: Dec 2013
As I don't live in the US I don't know what the pulse company support is like, but I know that Razer support is great, so I suggest grabbing the Razer, best of luck.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using xda app-developers app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...