[Q] Error Install android 4.4 on mb526

Search This thread

Stefano2991

Dec 7, 2013
Hi, sorry for my bad english but i'm italian and i'm new of the world of costume rom (i did the root yesterday:laugh:).
I see that "quarx" make a good 4.4 kitkat rom for the defy plus and i tried to install it but when i make it appears "error on the .zip file" and the smartphone can't install it.
This are the step that i have make:

1 obviously the root
2 install 2ndInit version 2.3
3 go to recovery mode
4 make "wipe data factory reset"
5 make "wipe dalvick cache"
6 go to install zip from sd card

The version of the zip is the last posted by quarx, i try with the other version but same problem.

Where is wrong? someone can help me? :confused: Fortunately before do all this i make the bakup and now i'm returned with the original 2.3.6 motorola rom.

Ps: i repeat, i'm italian and new for this type of work. Please write easily and step-by-step what i have to do. Thanks!!! :D

thekguy

Nov 13, 2009
Mumbai
Install 4.3, then download and flash update-recovery from 4.4 thread. Now reboot and flash 4.4

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 4

Stefano2991

Dec 7, 2013
Thank you very much!!! :good::good::good: This afternoon (if i have time) i will try and i telling you if it work.
Another two question without open other thread: when the defy is upgraded to 4.4 can i do the overclock with a normal apk or i have to do it in recovery mode? And can i install the patch for make 720p video or it was only for the 2.3.6 version?
For the overclok i see that in some costume rom i can use a apk, in other no. :eek:

Stefano2991

Dec 7, 2013
Nothing, with cm 10.2 same problem, " error in /sdcard/.....zip, installation aborted" :crying:

Stefano2991

Dec 7, 2013
First install one of the latest CM10/10.1 and then flash CM10.2.

Yessssss!! it work :victory: i have installed cm10, it automatically reboot, install update-recovery, installed cm11 and work!!!
But now i have some other problems, after install cm11 and turn on and off it i install the gapps. Do that i boot it and appear "app updating", it rest in this screen for a lot if time, i turn off it, boot again and it doesn't work, wipe again all, re- install cm11+gapps in the same time and now it load in the first screen CyanogenMod and don't start working...re-wipe all, re install only cm11 and now (after a lot of time of loading) it's on but the screen is all black exception to notification bar, and now with the new recovery mode i can't make restore of my original data file and i don't know why!! when i enter in recovery-mode/restore there is nothing...F**k!!! Why i'm the only with tis problem??? :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Last edited:

Stefano2991

Dec 7, 2013
At the end i have decide to install cm10.2...i see that works well (better than cm11) and is stable. When will be available the 4.5 or higher i'll think if make the upload because if i'll have the same problems of updating i'll killing myself!!! :silly: ... for now it's good the android 4.3. :) from 2.3.6 to 4.3 is a big jump!!! Now the phone works 100000 times better and faster!!!! :laugh:

However thanks for the suggestions!!! :good:

Top Liked Posts