XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Custom ROMs for Optimus L9 p765

Tip us?

lord stark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Custom ROMs for Optimus L9 p765

I tried searching for custom ROMs for my LG Optimus L9, but didn't come up with any successful results. I also tried to CyanogenMod, but there too the phone was not listed. Can someone tell me some of the ROMs for the phone?

Thanks.

[PS: I am new to this site so sorry if I am breaking some guideline in this post]

artit
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord stark View Post
I tried searching for custom ROMs for my LG Optimus L9, but didn't come up with any successful results. I also tried to CyanogenMod, but there too the phone was not listed. Can someone tell me some of the ROMs for the phone?

Thanks.

[PS: I am new to this site so sorry if I am breaking some guideline in this post]
P760 rom is compatible with P765 (Remove Nfc.apk by root browser to disable NFC). But you must unlock your phone boot loader first. You're new here so I assume that your phone bootloader is still locked. If you install custom rom without unlock bootloader, you will get security error.

PS. you should post this question in FAQ forum.

lord stark
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by artit View Post
But you must unlock your phone boot loader first. You're new here so I assume that your phone bootloader is still locked.
Does unlocking the bootloader wipe all the phone data? Also, I want to install CWM recovery. But when I installed ROM Manager, it said that CWM is not yet available for my phone. Do you know of any workaround?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artit View Post
PS. you should post this question in FAQ forum.
I don't think I change it now, so I will do it next time.

artit
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord stark View Post
Does unlocking the bootloader wipe all the phone data? Also, I want to install CWM recovery. But when I installed ROM Manager, it said that CWM is not yet available for my phone. Do you know of any workaround?

It wipe all your data. So you need to do a backup first. Please use Locked BL CWM, it's somewhere in dev forum. And it's good that CWM recovery doesn't support P765 because if you install CM, you will soft-brick your phone. You must unlock your phone bootloader before flash any custom rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to artit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]