5,605,187 Members 37,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S3 32G only showing 12G internal after install of wrong recovery 16G fil

Tip us?

Dogochico
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy S3 32G only showing 12G internal after install of wrong recovery 16G fil

I installed (NEW MD4 WITH COUNT RESET 16gb ONLY by Billiard412) on my 16G S3 and worked perfectly. I did the same for a buddies phone and completely forgot he had the 32G phone. Didn't find out until the phone would't reboot that I put in the wrong file. Phone is working now, but says low memory when downloading and will not allow anything to download to the phone. Shows 12G internal now on 32G phone. Please help.

billard412
Old
Thanks Meter 1900

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogochico View Post
I installed (NEW MD4 WITH COUNT RESET 16gb ONLY by Billiard412) on my 16G S3 and worked perfectly. I did the same for a buddies phone and completely forgot he had the 32G phone. Didn't find out until the phone would't reboot that I put in the wrong file. Phone is working now, but says low memory when downloading and will not allow anything to download to the phone. Shows 12G internal now on 32G phone. Please help.
You need to flash a stock .tar in Odin (you can get that HERE.) But you need to repartition with the 32gb pit available HERE

Dogochico
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for responding. I wasn't sure if you would have seen my post. I have downloaded the files and just want to be exact with what I am supposed to do. In Odin, will I click on Bootloader or PDA to load the Tar file? Last, the pit file for repartion where and how do I do that? Just for your info, I had tried to restore a backup file from Clockwork which didn't work. It said MD5 mismatch. This was before I posted the problem. I really appreciate your help and time taken to help.

billard412
Old
(Last edited by billard412; 7th December 2013 at 12:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1900

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogochico View Post
Thanks for responding. I wasn't sure if you would have seen my post. I have downloaded the files and just want to be exact with what I am supposed to do. In Odin, will I click on Bootloader or PDA to load the Tar file? Last, the pit file for repartion where and how do I do that? Just for your info, I had tried to restore a backup file from Clockwork which didn't work. It said MD5 mismatch. This was before I posted the problem. I really appreciate your help and time taken to help.
No problem. In Odin click the pit box and load the .pit file u downloaded. To the left where u have the boxes be sure Auto Reboot and Repartition are checked. Then click the PDA slot and load the stock tar you downloaded. Then hit start and cross your fingers

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

And at least u flashed the 16gb on a 32gb s3. If you would've flashed the 32gb on a 16gb s3, you'd have a total unfixable paperweight.

Dogochico
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billard412 View Post
No problem. In Odin click the pit box and load the .pit file u downloaded. To the left where u have the boxes be sure Auto Reboot and Repartition are checked. Then click the PDA slot and load the stock tar you downloaded. Then hit start and cross your fingers

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

And at least u flashed the 16gb on a 32gb s3. If you would've flashed the 32gb on a 16gb s3, you'd have a total unfixable paperweight.
LOL. You only do it once. We are going to try it now. Let you know how it works out.

Dogochico
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Everything worked out perfect. Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I don't know if it is normal, but phone reboots by itself periodically. Thanks for everything. It's the link to donate to m............uvr you? Just want to make sure.