XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP Rooting Xperia Tablet Z JB 4.2.2

Tip us?

Rod GTI
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] HELP Rooting Xperia Tablet Z JB 4.2.2

Hi I want Rooting my Xperia Tablet Z to be super user and be able to move my apps to the SD ...

I have the following 10.3.1.C.0.136 Firmware - Android 4.2.2 this is compatible with the rooting and any of you could help me with the steps please ...

Now try DooMLoRD V17 but did not work

cantenna
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod GTI View Post
Hi I want Rooting my Xperia Tablet Z to be super user and be able to move my apps to the SD ...

I have the following 10.3.1.C.0.136 Firmware - Android 4.2.2 this is compatible with the rooting and any of you could help me with the steps please ...

That was the root kit I used on my 321 tab z. Don't forget to backup DRM key before unlock bootloader.

Cat McGowan
Old
Thanks Meter 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod GTI View Post

DooMLoRD's tool is for earlier firmware releases and will not work with Android 4.2.2. Use the Vroot tool instead. Search this forum for information about the Vroot tool.
Xperia Tablet Z (SGP312U1/B) with Android 4.2.2 build 10.3.1.C.0.136 Rooted
Sony Tablet S (SGPT112US/S) with Android 4.0.3r5a build TISU0013410 Rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to Cat McGowan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rod GTI
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat McGowan View Post
DooMLoRD's tool is for earlier firmware releases and will not work with Android 4.2.2. Use the Vroot tool instead. Search this forum for information about the Vroot tool.
Thanks Xperia Tablet Rooted

cilshakya
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy firewall of china

I purchased an xperia tablet z and I've had a lot of fun with it. It has its issues. But what's bothering me most is that because I bought it in China, it does not have access to any of the google services. So, no PLAYSTORE. And I am not a techie either. I looked into what rooting is and what flashing is. I was wondering if I could somehow root the device and install a new firmware from some other country... (or maybe its a new kernel.. I don't know what the difference is!) would I be able to run Google services ??

I have seen some devices here in china that have access to google services. So I know that it is possible. Just don't know how. HELP! And ya, I tried downloading Vroot and it took me to a Chinese website! Root"dashi".... in Chinese. And I don't think rooting is sth I can figure out in Chinese language. Can I get a link for the English version of it?

Details on device:
Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP111
Build number: 10.3.1.C.0.136
Android version: 4.2.2
Kernel version: 3.4.0-g7eaf37a-01078-g2ebac89.

N1NJATH3ORY
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by cilshakya View Post
I purchased an xperia tablet z and I've had a lot of fun with it. It has its issues. But what's bothering me most is that because I bought it in China, it does not have access to any of the google services. So, no PLAYSTORE. And I am not a techie either. I looked into what rooting is and what flashing is. I was wondering if I could somehow root the device and install a new firmware from some other country... (or maybe its a new kernel.. I don't know what the difference is!) would I be able to run Google services ??

I have seen some devices here in china that have access to google services. So I know that it is possible. Just don't know how. HELP! And ya, I tried downloading Vroot and it took me to a Chinese website! Root"dashi".... in Chinese. And I don't think rooting is sth I can figure out in Chinese language. Can I get a link for the English version of it?

Details on device:
Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP111
Build number: 10.3.1.C.0.136
Android version: 4.2.2
Kernel version: 3.4.0-g7eaf37a-01078-g2ebac89.
You should be able to flash a firmware from a different region.. Also make sure the firmware you flash, matches your tablet specs for example if your tablet is wifi only, then pick a European wifi only firmware.. if it's a 4g model then pick 4g European firmware.. Good Luck...
The Following User Says Thank You to N1NJATH3ORY For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cilshakya
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Rooted and enjoying google services!

Thank you for replying to my post. I was able to root my SGP311 android 4.2.2 with Kingo Android root software. vRoot works too.
But after that it was quite complicated. hard time installing CWM recovery. Trial and error until i was finally able to flash the japanese firmware. it took me back to and 4.1 which was great because now i finally had the tablet UI and could access small apps like it was meant to.

Thankyou all developers at xda for making it possible.