XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Am I clean?

Tip us?

devinsetsfire
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Am I clean?

I rooted my ME7 Verizon S4 sch-i545 back when I first purchased it. Since then I have had issues with my home button sticking. I reflashed to a stock rom and I wanted to triple verify before returning it to Verizon.

I ran Root Checker and it says I'm no longer rooted.

I booted into download mode and it says
"ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I545
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30"

From my beginner understanding the big thing to worry about is Knox counter being at 0x0 not 0x1. For some reason whatever root method i used didnt move my counter up. i also never did much with it. I gained root access just to use system tweaks like Titanium Backup to uninstall bloatware.

So am I safe to return to Verizon or is there other stuff to verify?

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3495
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinsetsfire View Post
I rooted my ME7 Verizon S4 sch-i545 back when I first purchased it. Since then I have had issues with my home button sticking. I reflashed to a stock rom and I wanted to triple verify before returning it to Verizon.

I ran Root Checker and it says I'm no longer rooted.

I booted into download mode and it says
"ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I545
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
KNOX KERNEL LOCK: 0x0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30"

From my beginner understanding the big thing to worry about is Knox counter being at 0x0 not 0x1. For some reason whatever root method i used didnt move my counter up. i also never did much with it. I gained root access just to use system tweaks like Titanium Backup to uninstall bloatware.

So am I safe to return to Verizon or is there other stuff to verify?
Looks clean.

But you should ask this on the Verizon S4 forums. This is the international version S4 forums.

you shoudl ask in the Verizon section just in case there is some goofy extra thing Verizon put in there that people in the Verizon forums would know about that maybe we wouldn't. (Probably not though)
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

tshelby73
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
Looks clean.

But you should ask this on the Verizon S4 forums. This is the international version S4 forums.

you shoudl ask in the Verizon section just in case there is some goofy extra thing Verizon put in there that people in the Verizon forums would know about that maybe we wouldn't. (Probably not though)
Huh? I thought this was Verizon forums.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelby73 View Post
Huh? I thought this was Verizon forums.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
It is.

Sent from my NCC 1701 using Tapatalk 4
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental