5,601,062 Members 47,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to revert to the original init.d file?

Tip us?

AK~47
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question how to revert to the original init.d file?

Hi there!

I am using a very nice custom rom, but the ONLY thing i HATE about it is the init.d file which has been modified by the developer.
To describe it, i must say that the light of the capacitive buttons is just about 50% AND THE MOST ANNOYING THING IS that the capacitive buttons remain light up even after the phone is powered off in fast boot.

AAAAND my question is.......: How to install the all good original init.d file provided by htc?

THANK YOU HOMIES!!!

tom0769
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK~47 View Post
Hi there!

I am using a very nice custom rom, but the ONLY thing i HATE about it is the init.d file which has been modified by the developer.
To describe it, i must say that the light of the capacitive buttons is just about 50% AND THE MOST ANNOYING THING IS that the capacitive buttons remain light up even after the phone is powered off in fast boot.

AAAAND my question is.......: How to install the all good original init.d file provided by htc?

THANK YOU HOMIES!!!
"init.d" is a directory, not a file.
Find the script inside this directory (if any) that is responsible for button lights and delete it.
HTC Desire GSM (bravo)
ROMs:
Slimmed Evervolv 3.2.0 JB4.2 compiled from source (only 2 locales en & de)
Stock GB Sense 3.14.405.1 completely bloat removed, rooted, Darktremor apps2sd, Trackpad Wakeup, Quicksettings in notification
Radio: 5.17.05.23
HBoot: Alpharev Stock/CM7r2 s-off
Recovery: 4EXT Touch

HTC Evo 3D GSM (shooteru)
Cool ICS v18 (bloat removed)
Radio: 11.25.3504.06_M
HBoot: 1.49.9999 s-off (JuopunutBear)
Recovery: 4EXT Touch

AK~47
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom0769 View Post
"init.d" is a directory, not a file.
Find the script inside this directory (if any) that is responsible for button lights and delete it.
First of all, thanks for answering .
Now, when i said init.d file, i was thinking of the init.d script. If i delete it, will the system rewrite a new GOOD one? Remember that the file was modified by the developer and it is installed with the rom.

THANKS and GREETINGS FROM ROMANIA