XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One V Windroid toolkit

Tip us?

larrygregandroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One V Windroid toolkit

OK, so I installed the toolkit on my laptop, and so far have managed to unlock and root my phone.

Here is the problem.

When I boot to recovery, My phone comes up green, then the red triangle. Volume up and power gives me the Android system recovery (3) and a message on the bottom
E:Cant open /cache/recovery/command. all I can do is reboot the phone.

Ideally what I want is to be able to backup the phone, install a new kernel/rom and be able to restore it if I mess up.

Tried to search for help on the forum, but it didnt do me any good. Is there a newbie guide how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Larry

parkourz
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygregandroid View Post
OK, so I installed the toolkit on my laptop, and so far have managed to unlock and root my phone.

Here is the problem.

When I boot to recovery, My phone comes up green, then the red triangle. Volume up and power gives me the Android system recovery (3) and a message on the bottom
E:Cant open /cache/recovery/command. all I can do is reboot the phone.

Ideally what I want is to be able to backup the phone, install a new kernel/rom and be able to restore it if I mess up.

Tried to search for help on the forum, but it didnt do me any good. Is there a newbie guide how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Larry
you have to flash custom recovery like CWM or TWRP
I'M NOT HELPING BY PMS!!! If you are going to PM me with your problems, remember: YOU'LL BE IGNORED!!!
Proud user of
SE K610i->SE W200i->SE C510i->SE Xperia X8->HTC One V->LG Nexus 4

larrygregandroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have downloaded the CW ROM manager and installed rom manager v5.5.3.2 current recovery 5.x.x.x latest recovery 5.8.4.5. I boot into clockwork recovery mode. get the green circle with the arrow followed by the phone with the red triangle. Press volume up + power and get menu for android system recovery. With the menu

reboot
apply update from external
wipe data
Wipe cache
apply update from cache

bottom has a message E: cant open /cache/recovery/command

So i dont think I have accomplished anything except downloaded a useless app

larrygregandroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have downloaded the CW ROM manager and installed rom manager v5.5.3.2 current recovery 5.x.x.x latest recovery 5.8.4.5. I boot into clockwork recovery mode. get the green circle with the arrow followed by the phone with the red triangle. Press volume up + power and get menu for android system recovery. With the menu

reboot
apply update from external
wipe data
Wipe cache
apply update from cache

bottom has a message E: cant open /cache/recovery/command

So i dont think I have accomplished anything except downloaded a useless app