5,594,077 Members 46,952 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]LG-LS980 (Sprint) unrooting indicator

Tip us?

Mrclassified
Old
(Last edited by Mrclassified; 9th December 2013 at 04:51 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q]LG-LS980 (Sprint) unrooting indicator

I've been searching the forums trying to find out if ill be able to take my device in to have it serviced once rooted. I know ill have to unroot it first, but will the people at sprint be able to tell if its been rooted like the verizon varient?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
(Current)LG G2 (Rooted, AOSPA 4.4.2)
(R.I.P.)Epic 4G Touch(Rooted)

CrfEpic4g
Old
Thanks Meter 96
I unrooted mine the other day and no they shouldn't be able to. unless mine was just a freak accident . I would wait and let someone else back me up on this.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to CrfEpic4g For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uToTMeH8
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrclassified View Post
I've been searching the forums trying to find out if ill be able to take my device in to have it serviced once rooted. I know ill have to unroot it first, but will the people at sprint be able to tell if its been rooted like the verizon varient?

The good thing about Sprint is the majority of techs don't even care if it's rooted. I know I sure as hell don't! What are you bringing it in for?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to uToTMeH8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mrclassified
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by uToTMeH8 View Post
The good thing about Sprint is the majority of techs don't even care if it's rooted. I know I sure as hell don't! What are you bringing it in for?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
The device is fine right now, this is just a precaution. I've had techs of both persuasions pro and anti rooting... Im coming from the E4GT on sprint and the only problems i had were hardware issues... No SD slot here so i see this breaking for a software issue? Am i wrong to think this?

(Current)LG G2 (Rooted, AOSPA 4.4.2)
(R.I.P.)Epic 4G Touch(Rooted)