[Q] KitKat

Tip us?

Kjelstrup
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] KitKat

Hi there.
I thought my G PAD is laggy, so I'm looking for a way to get raw Android KitKat on it, does anyone know if it is possible or does anyone have a guide

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjelstrup View Post
Hi there.
I thought my G PAD is laggy, so I'm looking for a way to get raw Android KitKat on it, does anyone know if it is possible or does anyone have a guide
This is in progress by a dev, please stay tuned
If I have helped you out, it doesn't hurt to hit that thanks button!
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

Nokia 6225, Razr V3i, Nokia 6682, Nokia N73, Sony Ericson w810i, HTC S710, HTC Touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G Black, iPhone 3GS Black, iPhone 4 Black, Samsung Galaxy S2 Black, iPhone 4 Black (again), Pantech Burst Black, HTC One X grey, Samsung Galaxy S4 Black, HTC One Black, HTC One Silver, Galaxy S4 Active Urban Grey(current)

..also had multiple "Go Phones"
The Following User Says Thank You to joshuadjohnson22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kjelstrup
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22 View Post
This is in progress by a dev, please stay tuned
Thank you, I see you also have LG 2 which I have is that the good kitkat ROM for it?

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thank you, I see you also have LG 2 which I have is that the good kitkat ROM for it?
The G2 just got CM11 nightlies so you can get a pretty good rom through that (I have the AT&T version):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2495753
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

Nokia 6225, Razr V3i, Nokia 6682, Nokia N73, Sony Ericson w810i, HTC S710, HTC Touch, iPhone, iPhone 3G Black, iPhone 3GS Black, iPhone 4 Black, Samsung Galaxy S2 Black, iPhone 4 Black (again), Pantech Burst Black, HTC One X grey, Samsung Galaxy S4 Black, HTC One Black, HTC One Silver, Galaxy S4 Active Urban Grey(current)

The Following User Says Thank You to joshuadjohnson22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kjelstrup
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22 View Post
The G2 just got CM11 nightlies so you can get a pretty good rom through that (I have the AT&T version):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2495753
Thank you again.
I have an unlocked from Europe, you know up ROM is stable and if everything is working as it should?
Or should you wait until the end of March when LG release their KitKat

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Thanks Meter 709

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thank you again.
I have an unlocked from Europe, you know up ROM is stable and if everything is working as it should?
Or should you wait until the end of March when LG release their KitKat
I'm guessing you have a D802? It looks like this is the rom for you:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2557627

I can't speak of it personally because I only tried it for a short time before going back to LG's UI (I kinda like it for now) but it seems pretty stable. Usually any nightlies will have some sort of bugs but it is usually pretty minor. Just go to the thread above and read the comments to see if it is at a daily driver stage yet. If you want something really stable you will have to wait. It doesn't hurt to flash it and see if it is something you want if not flash back. I find it fun to go back and forth between classic google and LG's version

EDIT I found this:What's working
_ ART Works
_ No random reboots (need further testing)

Please provide feedback (including Stock camera & IR blaster functionality )

Bugs
_ Animations a bit laggy.
_ Immersion mode not working.
_ Settings to set roaming inside the home country is not available.
_ Echos during phone calls.
Current:
LG G2
LG G Pad 8.3
Previous Devices:

Tags
kitkat, lg g pad, v500