5,599,135 Members 34,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] One X Bricked/Boot Loop when flash CM 10.2

Tip us?

iBeInspire
Old
(Last edited by iBeInspire; 9th December 2013 at 01:11 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] One X Bricked/Boot Loop when flash CM 10.2

Ok so I've been happily running my One X for the better part of a year with next to no problems. When I first got it I unlocked bootloader/flash CWM and rooted, then installed a custom kernel but left the rom stock. This is because I wanted to play with OC but didn't want to faff around loosing setting/ect.

I then entered 3 UK's 4G beta testing system and needed a software update in order to make 4G work. I downloaded it and tried to flash it because of a Status 7 error. First of all I thought this could be because I'm rooted and it's an official software, so I used the ''unroot'' feature in SU, but it still wouldn't flash. I then felt the upgrade bug and decided I wanted Cyanogen mod just like on my old desire... that also gave me a Status 7. Read a guide on how to bypass the Status 7 by deleting 3 lines of text in one of the files in the ROM, did that and it now seemed to flash. When I booted it got stuck at the cyanogen logo for ever, so I rebooted and cleared cache, nothing. Flashed the boot.img via fastboot, still nothing. Factory reset/full wipe/wipe devlink, still nothing - just getting stuck on the official HTC logo now.

Tried a variety of ROMs including the Viper one, MAximusHD and all the CM stables, but nothing would work.

Please help me

/EDIT : TL;DR : One X was rooted, I unrooted it, flashed CM 10.2, tried flashing boot.img and clearing everything under the sun, still no-go.

Also :
- hboot v1.12
- CWM v5.8.4.0
- CM v10.2
- One x international

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeInspire View Post
Ok so I've been happily running my One X for the better part of a year with next to no problems. When I first got it I unlocked bootloader/flash CWM and rooted, then installed a custom kernel but left the rom stock. This is because I wanted to play with OC but didn't want to faff around loosing setting/ect.

I then entered 3 UK's 4G beta testing system and needed a software update in order to make 4G work. I downloaded it and tried to flash it because of a Status 7 error. First of all I thought this could be because I'm rooted and it's an official software, so I used the ''unroot'' feature in SU, but it still wouldn't flash. I then felt the upgrade bug and decided I wanted Cyanogen mod just like on my old desire... that also gave me a Status 7. Read a guide on how to bypass the Status 7 by deleting 3 lines of text in one of the files in the ROM, did that and it now seemed to flash. When I booted it got stuck at the cyanogen logo for ever, so I rebooted and cleared cache, nothing. Flashed the boot.img via fastboot, still nothing. Factory reset/full wipe/wipe devlink, still nothing - just getting stuck on the official HTC logo now.

Tried a variety of ROMs including the Viper one, MAximusHD and all the CM stables, but nothing would work.

Please help me

/EDIT : TL;DR : One X was rooted, I unrooted it, flashed CM 10.2, tried flashing boot.img and clearing everything under the sun, still no-go.

Also :
- hboot v1.12
- CWM v5.8.4.0
- CM v10.2
- One x international

Are you read the minimal requirement your hboot is too low. Please post the result from command fastboot getvar all and delete your S/N and IMEI
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #017 LM
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification

iBeInspire
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant View Post
Are you read the minimal requirement your hboot is too low. Please post the result from command fastboot getvar all and delete your S/N and IMEI
(bootloader) version: 0.5a
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.12.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 2.1204.135.20
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.17.771.3
(bootloader) serialno: HT23YW104999
(bootloader) imei: 359188043812379
(bootloader) product: endeavoru
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-T30S
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4610000
(bootloader) cidnum: H3G__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3702mV
(bootloader) devpower: 12
(bootloader) partition-layout: None
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: None
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 2
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.877s

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeInspire View Post
(bootloader) version: 0.5a
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.12.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 2.1204.135.20
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.17.771.3
(bootloader) serialno: *****************
(bootloader) imei: *****************
(bootloader) product: endeavoru
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-T30S
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4610000
(bootloader) cidnum: H3G__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3702mV
(bootloader) devpower: 12
(bootloader) partition-layout: None
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: None
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 2
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.877s

Now download and install Philz recovery mount your sd card. Download your stock nandroid backup copy to your sd card install the nandroid flash boot.img flash stock recovery.img update to latest JB and then flash CM10.2.

And delete S/N and IMEI in your post
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #017 LM
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification