5,595,815 Members 36,096 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touch event on masked canvas

Tip us?

cinci-hal
Old
(Last edited by cinci-hal; 7th December 2013 at 08:32 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Touch event on masked canvas

I am new to Android app development and have been looking for tutorials on how to use touch events to move around and zoom in and out of a canvas that is seen by way of a mask/viewport. The mask/viewport would, I'm guessing, be the parent layout that has a fixed size and position. The attached .jpg shows a better diagram of what I would like to be able to do. If there are any experts out there itching to create a tutorial, this might be a good one. At least I know I would appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	canvas.png
Views:	24
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	2439712  

SimplicityApks
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinci-hal View Post
I am new to Android app development and have been looking for tutorials on how to use touch events to move around and zoom in and out of a canvas that is seen by way of a mask/viewport. The mask/viewport would, I'm guessing, be the parent layout that has a fixed size and position. The attached .jpg shows a better diagram of what I would like to be able to do. If there are any experts out there itching to create a tutorial, this might be a good one. At least I know I would appreciate it.
Well you should read this class on touch events.

From what I understand you want to do, it is something like the Viewer from the Gallery App, so it might be a good idea to take a look at the sources!