5,604,219 Members 49,490 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Vibrant troubles. Is there hope?

Tip us?

agilma
Old
(Last edited by agilma; 8th December 2013 at 02:32 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Vibrant troubles. Is there hope?

So here's what happened. I installed the kj6 cf root kernel then tried to install slimrom 4.2.2 build 8. I got stuck on semaphore logo, converted back to stock jfd with odin and now i'm stuck on the vibrant logo bootloop. My internal (i assume internal, may be external sd) storage is formatted horribly wrong as well because cwr keeps giving me errors about it and any rom I try to install fails or softbricks me. I've scoured the intered trying to figure out how to fix it but I can't. Please tell me this is fixable

wkenworthy10
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by agilma View Post
So here's what happened. I installed the kj6 cf root kernel then tried to install slimrom 4.2.2 build 8. I got stuck on semaphore logo, converted back to stock jfd with odin and now i'm stuck on the vibrant logo bootloop. My internal (i assume internal, may be external sd) storage is formatted horribly wrong as well because cwr keeps giving me errors about it and any rom I try to install fails or softbricks me. I've scoured the intered trying to figure out how to fix it but I can't. Please tell me this is fixable
There is hope. I can link all the files to you later because I'm busy now, but I can tell you the way. I'm assuming you already have Odin and all the stock .pda and .tar files. So first flash the .pit and .tar and then flash the .pit and a file called dbdata which should be everywhere if you look for it. The dbdata file should mount your system and fix that problem. Also make sure you have re-format checked. If I remember right just playing around with those helped me with the same problem. I think the dbdata didn't work the first few tries then I tried something else and it worked. Let me know how it goes and I'll try to help you from there

agilma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you.I did the pit and tar but didn't know about dbdata. Not sure if this helps or hinders but I have a 959v and it seems like its a 4gs istead of a vibrant. I thought they were the same but I see a separate forum for it. Ill check out posts there but if what you suggests works I'll be very appreciatve

Sent from my K00F using xda app-developers app

wkenworthy10
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by agilma View Post
Thank you.I did the pit and tar but didn't know about dbdata. Not sure if this helps or hinders but I have a 959v and it seems like its a 4gs istead of a vibrant. I thought they were the same but I see a separate forum for it. Ill check out posts there but if what you suggests works I'll be very appreciatve

Haha well if you don't have a vibrant you might want to make sure you have the correct .pit and .tar first. That's why is soft-bricked

agilma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
That probably would explain my problem. I did just find that out yesterday, after I bricked it. I assumed the tar was for a variety of models since the file name included a couple letters that I thought might be different models . I'm guessing the pit is only for the vibrant. I'll head over to the s4g forum and see what I can find