XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Getting an upgrade?

Tip us?

Biffalothethird
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Getting an upgrade?

I'm switching from an 8 GB 4th gen iPod touch to a 2013 nexus 7. I know for a fact that this device is a good device, much better than the laggy and crashy experience on my apple. So, why am I posting this thread? Because I want advice on the first thing I should do after switching.

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1328

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffalothethird View Post
I'm switching from an 8 GB 4th gen iPod touch to a 2013 nexus 7. I know for a fact that this device is a good device, much better than the laggy and crashy experience on my apple. So, why am I posting this thread? Because I want advice on the first thing I should do after switching.
First thing I would do is make sure that the device works properly and is fully charged before you go tweaking with it . After that I would Root the device, flash a custom recovery, make a backup of my stock ROM (In recovery mode), then flash a ROM and custom kernel, followed by whatever other MODs I wanted. For a guide on how to do all these things I would recommend taking a look at the Nexus 7 (2013) Index thread. Let me know if you still have any questions.