[Q] ClockWordMod Zip Backup restore help

Tip us?

JoeRadd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] ClockWordMod Zip Backup restore help

Hi All,

i made a nandroid backup with CWM and i used the server function to download it to my PC, now im trying to restore it but no matter where i place on my ONE i cant get clockwork to recognise it.

Ive tried the SD card, mnt/shell ect... nothing seems to work

would anyone know what im doing wrong?

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2098
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRadd View Post
Hi All,

i made a nandroid backup with CWM and i used the server function to download it to my PC, now im trying to restore it but no matter where i place on my ONE i cant get clockwork to recognise it.

Ive tried the SD card, mnt/shell ect... nothing seems to work

would anyone know what im doing wrong?
what do you mean by "Zip Backup"? the backup is a folder called something like "2013-mm-dd-hh.mm.ss"

and that folder should be placed in /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/

if it's a zip you downloaded off the net, then unzip it on your computer first, then push the folder to above location.

JoeRadd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
what do you mean by "Zip Backup"? the backup is a folder called something like "2013-mm-dd-hh.mm.ss"

and that folder should be placed in /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/

if it's a zip you downloaded off the net, then unzip it on your computer first, then push the folder to above location.
Its recognised as a zip on my PC although it cant be unzipped with 7zip or WinRar. if you go to manage and restore back ups in rom manager it lets you download a folder to your pc, cannot for the life of me figure out how to push it back to the phone so it can be recognised though.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2098
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRadd View Post
Its recognised as a zip on my PC although it cant be unzipped with 7zip or WinRar. if you go to manage and restore back ups in rom manager it lets you download a folder to your pc, cannot for the life of me figure out how to push it back to the phone so it can be recognised though.
1- what do you mean it can't be unzipped? where did you get it from

2- never used rom manager so no idea about that

3- use "adb push 2013-mm-dd-hh.mm.ss /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/2013-mm-dd-hh.mm.ss" to get the backup onto phone