5,597,313 Members 37,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bought used Z1. How to verify BIONZ works?

Tip us?

ezuk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Bought used Z1. How to verify BIONZ works?

Hi guys,

I got a used Xperia Z1 that came rooted but with stock rom. That said, I have no way to know if the owner previously installed other stuff on it.

I mainly want to make sure that BIONZ (the camera engine) still works fine and enhances my images. I currently have .257 installed and the camera works fine. AFAIK the bootloader is locked - I manage to back up TA so that means it was there to be backed up.

Still, I'm not sure whether or not this BIONZ thing is working. I wanna be sure I'm getting the max quality out of my camera. Any idea how I can test it, toggle it?

shteren
Old
Thanks Meter 84
If the bootloader unlock the camera simply won't work, ao if it do work you are fine.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Qefx
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I will ask also here, because I will get my Z1 soon. If I unlock DRM keys are deleted, so Camera stops, I can put back the keys correct? But does the camera still doesn´t work under CM for excample?`(Even after Sony fixes the DRM problem, if ever..)

shteren
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qefx View Post
I will ask also here, because I will get my Z1 soon. If I unlock DRM keys are deleted, so Camera stops, I can put back the keys correct? But does the camera still doesn´t work under CM for excample?`(Even after Sony fixes the DRM problem, if ever..)
hopefully sony will fix camera for unlocked bootloaders otherwise we are all stuck with sony stock rom for eternity...

or at least they whould realese some app that allows our camera to work even with unlocked bootloader..

Qefx
Old
(Last edited by Qefx; 9th December 2013 at 03:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Ok, than my guess was right, we are stucked with Sony rom, sad...

Edit: Forever, DRM reading software is not possible under CM (it would violate there license) only way would be an export import of the APPS and software needed? Anyone looked into that?
Tags
bionz, camera