5,593,876 Members 46,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So I spend some time getting ready for the 4.3 update. Why dont I get ota, what have

Tip us?

emgluon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default So I spend some time getting ready for the 4.3 update. Why dont I get ota, what have

So at the weekend I done a lot of work getting the official status on the download mode and the normal status on about phone. Why dont I get prompt on ota update and why is it not on kie. I am on the UK orange network. I think i might have missed something, Thanks all in advance.

What I did...
1. Back up everything on titanium back up, nanodroid backup, EFS backup and sync everything on kie.
2. Reflash the last stock 4.1 rom, july 2013 version.
3. Root using toolkit, which flash a insecure recovery.
4. Do triangle away and then reflash the stock recovery. Ie the PDA file on odin. So after a reboot I got official status on download mode.
5. Did the wipe data stuff on that sysscope apk to get normal status on about phone.
6. wipe chach and waited 2 day for anything to sync.
But I still dont get prompt on ota or is there anything on kie.
Why o why, to think I spend 2 hours at the weekend to get to this point.

siralex93
Old
Thanks Meter 5
United Kingdom - BTU Pending Pending
United Kingdom (H3G) - H3G Pending Pending
United Kingdom (O2) - O2U Pending Pending
United Kingdom (Vodafone) - VOD Pending Pending

in other words, ota for UK is not available for the moment

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/11/19/...y-bean-update/
The Following User Says Thank You to siralex93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Irwenzhao
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by emgluon View Post
So at the weekend I done a lot of work getting the official status on the download mode and the normal status on about phone. Why dont I get prompt on ota update and why is it not on kie. I am on the UK orange network. I think i might have missed something, Thanks all in advance.

What I did...
1. Back up everything on titanium back up, nanodroid backup, EFS backup and sync everything on kie.
2. Reflash the last stock 4.1 rom, july 2013 version.
3. Root using toolkit, which flash a insecure recovery.
4. Do triangle away and then reflash the stock recovery. Ie the PDA file on odin. So after a reboot I got official status on download mode.
5. Did the wipe data stuff on that sysscope apk to get normal status on about phone.
6. wipe chach and waited 2 day for anything to sync.
But I still dont get prompt on ota or is there anything on kie.
Why o why, to think I spend 2 hours at the weekend to get to this point.
Do u really want official 4.3? Knox locks u down almost completely.

Smack that thanks button if I helped.

N7105 Note 2 LTE International powered by Illusion ROM 2.6
Plasma Kernel 2.02
Sent from a small country named Singapore
Smash that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniRom, running on my fabulous Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA.
The Following User Says Thank You to Irwenzhao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emgluon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
So... android 4.3 is not out in the uk yet. Annoying considering that others had it for a few weeks now.

As to KNOX... not sure if its really that bad. My understanding is that once upgraded you are ...
1. Limited to stock rom. Custom rom will trigger security such that KNOX will not work again.
2. If you use stock rom. Which unroot your phone when you upgrade. Then you can disable KNOX before you root and it'll be ok. But again you can't use KNOX while you are rooted.

Annoyingly information on how KNOX works are a bit thin right now. Probably I'll make sure before upgrade.

Irwenzhao
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by emgluon View Post
So... android 4.3 is not out in the uk yet. Annoying considering that others had it for a few weeks now.

As to KNOX... not sure if its really that bad. My understanding is that once upgraded you are ...
1. Limited to stock rom. Custom rom will trigger security such that KNOX will not work again.
2. If you use stock rom. Which unroot your phone when you upgrade. Then you can disable KNOX before you root and it'll be ok. But again you can't use KNOX while you are rooted.

Annoyingly information on how KNOX works are a bit thin right now. Probably I'll make sure before upgrade.
Always know what you're doing before messing with Knox. (4.3 for Note 2 didn't bring loads of good stuff, as far as I know.)

Smack that thanks button if I helped.

N7105 Note 2 LTE International powered by Illusion ROM 2.6
Plasma Kernel 2.02
Sent from a small country named Singapore
Smash that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniRom, running on my fabulous Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA.