5,594,748 Members 36,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery self drains in night even in sleep mode

Tip us?
 
forameya@gmail.com
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Battery self drains in night even in sleep mode

Hi, In my apparently new Note II N7100 (Just a few months old).

I have started noticing my battery life is getting worse.

Multiple issues ;-

1) Battery self drains even when I put my phone in Sleep mode. If it was 60% at 10:00pm , it reduces to 10% in the morning by 6:00am

2) It is taking hours (almost 12 hours) to get it charged to 100%.

3) Even like unlocking phone and even opening a call log can eat upto 1% of battery.

Can anyone help please.

my new phone!!
 
gangster082
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 39
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Giza
Wipe cashe partition from recovery mode while ur phone off press volume up + menu button and power button then select wipe cashe partition not factory reset just cashe partition

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to gangster082 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
forameya@gmail.com
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
Hi, How long should it take? Actually, I couldn't even reach to Cache restore part. The moment I pressed the three keys (as you told), it is showing "downloading..." for last half an hour..

I don't know what it is downloading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forameya@gmail.com View Post
Hi, In my apparently new Note II N7100 (Just a few months old).

I have started noticing my battery life is getting worse.

Multiple issues ;-

1) Battery self drains even when I put my phone in Sleep mode. If it was 60% at 10:00pm , it reduces to 10% in the morning by 6:00am

2) It is taking hours (almost 12 hours) to get it charged to 100%.

3) Even like unlocking phone and even opening a call log can eat upto 1% of battery.

Can anyone help please.

my new phone!!
 
antique_sonic
Old
#4  
antique_sonic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 669
Posts: 1,600
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Corner of the earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by forameya@gmail.com View Post
Hi, How long should it take? Actually, I couldn't even reach to Cache restore part. The moment I pressed the three keys (as you told), it is showing "downloading..." for last half an hour..

I don't know what it is downloading?
U have to press volume up.
Not down.
Volume down is to get download mode like what u said.

Sent from the corner of this rounded earth (N7105 v4.3, powered by LionROM)
~WJ~
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Galaxy Note 3 / SM-N9005
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man
 
allanzzz
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 34
Join Date: Oct 2010
Is your WiFi on and set to always on even when screen off?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
 
Irwenzhao
Old
#6  
Irwenzhao's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 566
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanzzz View Post
Is your WiFi on and set to always on even when screen off?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
Wi-Fi doesn't kill a new Note 2's battery. Unless it's faulty or not Samsung-genuine.

Smack that thanks button if I helped.

N7105 Note 2 LTE International powered by Illusion ROM 2.6
Plasma Kernel 2.02
Sent from a small country named Singapore
Smash that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniRom, running on my fabulous Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA.
 
mjrshark
Old
#7  
mjrshark's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 217
Join Date: Jan 2011
install cpu spy from playstore and see if ya note 2 deepsleep or not

if not , then :

Remove battery for 5mins and check again if it deep sleep or not ?
SGN II >>N7100<< [4.4.2] DN3 RC2
SGT note 2014 SM-P605 >> LTE Stock
SGS II >>I9100<< WanamLite 14.6 - 4.1.2
S̶G̶T̶ ̶7̶"̶>̶>̶ ̶P̶1̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶<̶<̶ ̶S̶O̶L̶D̶ ̶ ̶
S̶G̶T̶ ̶2̶ ̶1̶0̶.̶1̶"̶ ̶>̶>̶P̶5̶1̶0̶0̶<̶<̶ ̶S̶O̶L̶D̶
 
forameya@gmail.com
Old
(Last edited by forameya@gmail.com; 10th December 2013 at 12:47 AM.)
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2013
I've done both wipe cache and installed cpu spy.

Deep sleep mode is visible and out of my total States of 7, deep sleep add 6.
It shows 86%.
What does it mean? Can you please help me interpret?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Motorola Droid RAZR HD and M to Receive KitKat in a “Few More Weeks”

Verizon and Motorola shocked us all back in November when … more

[APK] YouTube Update to 5.6 Now Lets You Cast Live Video to Your Chromecast

Earlier today, we talked about how Google brought two new apps to … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T Galaxy S 4 Active

A little under two months ago, AT&T started rolling out … more