[Q] Can't flash recovery zip

Tip us?

AZDJedi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't flash recovery zip

Hi,

I'm at my wits end. I had SlimRom installed for a week and all was fine, but I was curious about what new ROMs were out there so I backed up my phone using ROM Manager and did all the usual stuff to get a new ROM. I installed Gummy, but didn't like it; I installed one other ROM that I can't remember its name, but also didn't like that. I realized my comfy home of SlimRom was where I wanted to be, so I tried to flash the backup.zip that I had created but it kept saying installation aborted (Status 0).

After hours of countless attempts and just weird behaviour (sometimes boot loops, sometimes not booting into recovery, etc.) I finally got my phone back to stock.

I downloaded the latest SlimRom file 3 times to make sure it wasn't a corrupt zip (twice from my PC and once from my phone directly). Both the zip directly from Slim as well as the backup.zip that I made with ROM Manager give me the same installation aborted. The other error it gives is "E: Error in /data/media/0/slim....zip". I'm wondering if somehow my partition is screwed up. I tried using Odin's repartition, which just erased my recovery partition, but I got that back thankfully! When I wipe data/factory reset it says wipe complete (and the ROM does reset to factory) but it also says "E:unknown volume '/sdcard/.android_secure' "...I'm wondering if that relates to why the backup.zip file won't read properly. Maybe the partition got screwed up somehow?

I can flash a SU zip so it's not a flashing problem, per se. And thankfully Odin always works!

I think I may need the stock PIT file for the Telus S4 l337m, which I found but my phone says "secure check fail: pit"

I'm not sure where to go from here...

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1970

DONATE TO ME
Rom manager is your problem. That software I'd waaaaay out of date and rarely ever works on newer phones.

Get you goo manager. Allow SU. Then hit the menu button and then hit install openrecoveryscript. You will get TWRP recovery. Then you follow the OP of your ROM of choice to install.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lost in a paper bag again...

AZDJedi
Old
(Last edited by AZDJedi; 9th December 2013 at 04:23 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the suggestion. I used Goo but it was no help. I can flash other ROMs fine. It seems to be just SlimBean that I can't flash :s. I've used TWRP recovery as well as CW and neither work.

Any other ideas?

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1970

DONATE TO ME
This is a pickle I am completely unsure about, then... I am sorry I can't be of more assistance. It does seem like the partition is borked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lost in a paper bag again...
The Following User Says Thank You to graydiggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]