XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lg g2 Boot loops

Tip us?

lingarajug
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default Lg g2 Boot loops

I am not sure if I can post this solution in this thread as I am not a developer and merely sharing my experience, It seems several people are having issues with bootloops after installing att update or for some other reason, my post deals with helping only a certain issue. You should be able to boot into recovery by any means in order to use my solution.

The problem I had was I was trying to flash a new Rom and copied Rom and gapps into my phone( of course I was rooted and had recovery flashed) and then out of curiosity I wiped everything in advanced wipe in twrp so now I have no Rom to boot into or no file to flash and either download mode would not work, I was p******g in my shorts as I my phone was only a week old and its dead that's what I at least thought. And after spending the whole night no solution was found in xda website and neither did Google help any, now the solution. now u should compare this to ur problem and find where u stand. I installed pdanet on my pc as stock lg drivers don't seem to help pc recognize my phone in recovery mode, then I plugged my phone to pc while phone is still in recovery mode and then opened pdanet in pc and installed lg drivers through it and then adb was able to see my device(until now I was trying adb sideload and it wasn't working) so when adb was able to see my device, I used sideload in twrp and pushed Rom from pc to phone using sideload commands and my phone was back and I am the happiest man in the world. So in short

1. This method works only for people who can boot into twrp recovery but not into phone.
2. Have ur desired roms and gapps ready 3. Make sure u have a working adb in ur pc and if not install minimal adb and fastboot application only onto ur desktop for easy access, and copy ur desired Rom and gapps into that folder and rename them to 1.zip and 2.zip for easy reference and easy adb commands.
4. Download and install pdanet on your pc. Power on ur device into recovery and plug it into your pc. Start adb from the folder u installed on your desktop(hold shift and right click within the folder(minimal adb and fastboot) and click on start command here option, command opens up and it will show in which folder ur in and then type adb devices and if everything is right your phone in sideload mode should show up as adb sideload and if not (this is where the problem is) run pdanet and install lg drivers through it and then unplug exit sideload and restart sideload in ur phone and plug it back to pc and ur pdanet will notify u have connected ur lg phone. Then run adb again and type adb devices and it will show up as adb sideload and now (you should search how to use sideload as I don't remember those commands) and push Rom into (the ones u renamed for easy access and reboot and all should be all. Sorry for the lengthy post but I typed this solution into several posts individually and so decided to put it up as sticky and if anyone feels to remove part of or all the post I have no problem, just wanted to do my help to others with similar problem.
Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

jhoel_1225
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingarajug View Post
I am not sure if I can post this solution in this thread as I am not a developer and merely sharing my experience, It seems several people are having issues with bootloops after installing att update or for some other reason, my post deals with helping only a certain issue. You should be able to boot into recovery by any means in order to use my solution.

The problem I had was I was trying to flash a new Rom and copied Rom and gapps into my phone( of course I was rooted and had recovery flashed) and then out of curiosity I wiped everything in advanced wipe in twrp so now I have no Rom to boot into or no file to flash and either download mode would not work, I was p******g in my shorts as I my phone was only a week old and its dead that's what I at least thought. And after spending the whole night no solution was found in xda website and neither did Google help any, now the solution. now u should compare this to ur problem and find where u stand. I installed pdanet on my pc as stock lg drivers don't seem to help pc recognize my phone in recovery mode, then I plugged my phone to pc while phone is still in recovery mode and then opened pdanet in pc and installed lg drivers through it and then adb was able to see my device(until now I was trying adb sideload and it wasn't working) so when adb was able to see my device, I used sideload in twrp and pushed Rom from pc to phone using sideload commands and my phone was back and I am the happiest man in the world. So in short

1. This method works only for people who can boot into twrp recovery but not into phone.
2. Have ur desired roms and gapps ready 3. Make sure u have a working adb in ur pc and if not install minimal adb and fastboot application only onto ur desktop for easy access, and copy ur desired Rom and gapps into that folder and rename them to 1.zip and 2.zip for easy reference and easy adb commands.
4. Download and install pdanet on your pc. Power on ur device into recovery and plug it into your pc. Start adb from the folder u installed on your desktop(hold shift and right click within the folder(minimal adb and fastboot) and click on start command here option, command opens up and it will show in which folder ur in and then type adb devices and if everything is right your phone in sideload mode should show up as adb sideload and if not (this is where the problem is) run pdanet and install lg drivers through it and then unplug exit sideload and restart sideload in ur phone and plug it back to pc and ur pdanet will notify u have connected ur lg phone. Then run adb again and type adb devices and it will show up as adb sideload and now (you should search how to use sideload as I don't remember those commands) and push Rom into (the ones u renamed for easy access and reboot and all should be all. Sorry for the lengthy post but I typed this solution into several posts individually and so decided to put it up as sticky and if anyone feels to remove part of or all the post I have no problem, just wanted to do my help to others with similar problem.

I have more or less the same issue. Was with StockMod for D802 and received an official OTA and accepted and installed it. Now I'm stuck in bootloop. Unlike you, I can go into recovery (CWM not TWRP) BUT I can't seem to go into fastboot mode. When I hold the Volume Up and connect the phone through cable to my laptop, the phone boots but goes automatically into recovery mode. Did system wipe as well (which I shouldn't have) and at that point my phone has no OS to boot into so I used ADB to transfer CM 10.2 and GAPPS to my phone hoping that if I do it like I'm flashing a custom rom will help but unfortunately it didn't. I'm still stuck in bootloop and can't go into fastboot. help please...

lingarajug
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Try a stock Rom and see if it helps.