5,604,050 Members 47,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Installed the latest update..now only boos straigh into TWRP..nothing else...

Tip us?

plmiller0905
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 239
Default Installed the latest update..now only boos straigh into TWRP..nothing else...

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this...

I traded my buddy my ATT G2. The phone was rooted and had TWRP installed. Well, when he got it, he received the update and installed it. Now the phone buts straight into TWRP.

Now, I was under the impression that OTA's can't install if a device has a custom recovery, So I don't know what's going on. I told him to sideload a rom to the device and then try to flash through TWRP, but his internet speeds is slow..

I also found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471370 do anyone know if this will work with the ATT G2 or have any other insight on how to get the phone back up and running?
The Following User Says Thank You to plmiller0905 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lingarajug
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I did a mistake in the past when I copied paranoid Rom and g apps onto sdcard and then rebooted into recovery and wiped all in advanced wipe and did not have anything to flash and nothing is in phone to boot so rebooted back into twrp using key combo and then used sideload and pushed paranoid 4.3 and gapps and they are smaller size Rom and gapps and then downloaded clean Rom se and all is well, but my pc could not recognise my phone with lg drivers so installed pdanet and confirmed adb commands working and then performed sideload, so first have paranoid 4.3 and its gapps and download and install pdanet (don't use it yet) then boot into recovery and factory reset followed by all wipes in advanced wipes reboot to recovery from within twrp connect using cable and then run adb command to see if ur pc recognizes ur phone and if not recognized open pdanet (make sure it's installed already) and select options program gives you to install lg drivers from a list of several other brands and then run adb commands again( if you don't have adb in pc then download and install minimal adb and fastboot app with destination as desktop) and then copy Rom and gapps to adb minimal and fastballs folder and rename them to easy remembering as u like and then start sideload in twrp and run adb command and PC should say sideload and then run commands to install Rom and gapps and reboot and in meantime download Stockrom of your choice and install it, I hope you know how to use adb

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Intub8
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Just use the return to stock thread stickies in the general section.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium HD app

lingarajug
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Yes if you have time to download those huge files it is recommended to go back to stock and in my note above it does not have to be a 4.3 Rom it can be any Rom of your choice.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Barsky
Old
Thanks Meter 88
This fixed my D800 up after that update broke the phone into only booting to recovery:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696
LG G2 (Black - D800 - SIM Unlocked)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1