Line Pop / Line Dozer (potentially more) Issues

Tip us?

naoneo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Line Pop / Line Dozer (potentially more) Issues

Good morning gents.

Rooted my wifes Kindle Fire HDX and installed superSU, other than the slight modification to disable the pesky lockscreen ads nothing else has been done to it.
Prior to the christmas update for Line Pop and Line Dozer, the games would work, first launch would say that because the device was rooted i would need to confirm if i would let the game monitor for cheat tools, which is fine with me so clicking ok would result in the game working perfectly fine.
Line Pop and Line Dozer have received christmas updates and this is where the problem starts, both games update just fine and launch just fine but on the loading screens they hang and give a connection failed error, from my brief investigations it seems that Naver have implemented a new apk security check to make sure the apk has not been tampered with but other than that ive no idea why theyre currently not working.

The APK's for the latest versions were downloaded through the 1Market store front, but even if i uninstall and use the APK from google play store i get the same issues.
Anyone willing to test these two games on their rooted kindle and confirm if they have the same issues?
Or someone with an unrooted 7" HDX see if the game works without root? As i imagine the entire suite of naver games are going to stop working for the kindle hdx when they get around to updating them to this new security routine.

Ironically, the latest updates work fine on my rooted galaxy s4 SC-04E.

Thanks!

_Alex_
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
You could try voodoo ota root keeper or something similar to to get rid of root temporarily to test on your own...

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 4

My Toys: Blue Angel | Kaiser |Thrive 10.1| Atrix | Note 2 | Galaxy S4 | Kindle Fire 7" HDX

What is XDA? | New to XDA? | Get the most out of XDA | New to forums?

naoneo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Alex_ View Post
You could try voodoo ota root keeper or something similar to to get rid of root temporarily to test on your own...

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 4
Yeah ive tried a couple root hiders, doesnt seem to help, not sure if the root-hiders are at fault or if the games are just litterally, broken for kindle now.

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by naoneo View Post
Yeah ive tried a couple root hiders, doesnt seem to help, not sure if the root-hiders are at fault or if the games are just litterally, broken for kindle now.
Do the apps come from the Google Play Store? If so, particularly if they have in-app purchase options, you will have issues unless your google account is added & framework is installed. Even then, sometimes you will have connection issues, but usually repeated starting will eventually connect & launch.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology: