[Q] Samsung S Relay 4G OK but Tmobile crap

Tip us?

theartistisblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Samsung S Relay 4G OK but Tmobile crap

Dear Experienced Users,

I have rooted my Samsung S Relay 4G SGH-T699 (previously unlocked and can use any sim) - I used CWM recovery, etc.

I love this phone.

The only problem is I want to get rid of all the T-Mobile branding crap, especially the Wifi Tethering Problem.

My experience: I use ODIN to flash, I also use ADB and SU. I also love experimenting

Is there some modified stock rom which has a tethering fix? The splash screens I can get rid of using other means.

I would really value some advice - I know you guys are all geniuses!!!

Best regards,

theartistisblue

Magamo
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by theartistisblue View Post
Dear Experienced Users,

I have rooted my Samsung S Relay 4G SGH-T699 (previously unlocked and can use any sim) - I used CWM recovery, etc.

I love this phone.

The only problem is I want to get rid of all the T-Mobile branding crap, especially the Wifi Tethering Problem.

My experience: I use ODIN to flash, I also use ADB and SU. I also love experimenting

Is there some modified stock rom which has a tethering fix? The splash screens I can get rid of using other means.

I would really value some advice - I know you guys are all geniuses!!!

Best regards,

theartistisblue
There are threads with debloated Stock images. There's also some custom image alternatives (Such as CyanogenMod 10.2, and new betas of CyanogenMod 11.0) Just have a look through the forums here, they're not hard to find.
TeamApexQ -- irc.freenode.net/#apexqtmo

theartistisblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magamo View Post
There are threads with debloated Stock images. There's also some custom image alternatives (Such as CyanogenMod 10.2, and new betas of CyanogenMod 11.0) Just have a look through the forums here, they're not hard to find.
Please, Please - could you point me in the right direction? I find Cyanogen a bit alien... I'd prefer a debloated thing.

I really need help. I will even pay