5,597,871 Members 38,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing back to stock from international ROM

Tip us?

androidpwns
Old
(Last edited by androidpwns; 9th December 2013 at 01:06 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Flashing back to stock from international ROM

I need to take my AT&T Galaxy S4 I337 to my AT&T store to switch it for a new one because the volume buttons are sticky and don't click properly. I flashed back to stock I337UCUAMDB with ODIN using the files from this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2261573

I was running the GOLDENEYE 10 ROM which uses the international Samsung ROM running Android 4.3 and is modded to work on the I337. I put the phone into download mode and successfully flashed the phone but the phone does not get past the AT&T boot screen. I successfully flashed the phone again and I got the same result. I am suspecting that there might be an issue flashing the stock AT&T firmware while running an international ROM. I would like to know how I can flash back to any of the stock AT&T firmwares so that I can return my phone without voiding my warranty.

Also, I would like to know if it is possible to use the Triangle Away app on the I337 to reset the flash counter. The XDA thread for this app says that you must unlock the bootloader to use this app for the I337. I am not familiar with how to unlock the bootloader for this device. Any help with resetting the flash counter would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1968

DONATE TO ME
Try to Re-download the firmware. Reinstall drivers and or a different USB port/wire.

There is no way to unlock the bootloader. But yes you can use triangle away.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lost in a paper bag again...
The Following User Says Thank You to graydiggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androidpwns
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydiggy View Post
Try to Re-download the firmware. Reinstall drivers and or a different USB port/wire.

There is no way to unlock the bootloader. But yes you can use triangle away.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thank you for your suggestion but since the method I tried did not work in the first place, I went ahead and fixed my phone using the method I found in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2558869

All of the files in this thread worked perfectly to restore my phone back to stock.

TheAxman
Old
Thanks Meter 8561

DONATE TO ME
After you odin back to stock you MUST DO A FACTORY RESET within recovery, all will work.