5,604,219 Members 49,565 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung galaxy nexus isn't recognized by win 7

Tip us?
 
shimp208
Old
#11  
shimp208's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1332
Posts: 1,990
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
Thanks. Turns out the screwdrivers I ordered that were made for any cell phone won't work on this. T3,4,5&6...Damnit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
What size screwdriver are you looking for? As the Torx screws on phones can vary greatly sometime, which size torx screw driver do you need?
 
otter34
Old
#12  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jul 2010
That's my question. What size do I need? I need to remove the back so I can replace the USB port.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
shimp208
Old
#13  
shimp208's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1332
Posts: 1,990
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
That's my question. What size do I need? I need to remove the back so I can replace the USB port.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Is it possible for you to post a picture of the screws, I might be able to identify which screws they are from a picture.
 
otter34
Old
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208 View Post
Is it possible for you to post a picture of the screws, I might be able to identify which screws they are from a picture.
Unfortunately, no. I think it's a small Philips screwdriver?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
shimp208
Old
#15  
shimp208's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1332
Posts: 1,990
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
Unfortunately, no. I think it's a small Philips screwdriver?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Just took at look at the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Teardown guide on iFixit and yes it is a small Philips head screwdriver that is listed for the screws. When doing the teardown I would recommend taking a look at there guide that I linked to.
 
otter34
Old
#16  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208 View Post
Just took at look at the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Teardown guide on iFixit and yes it is a small Philips head screwdriver that is listed for the screws. When doing the teardown I would recommend taking a look at there guide that I linked to.
Thank you. I used a steak knife for 4 of the screws but the other two were in tighter and I wasn't going to mess with stripping it...off to home depot! Thanks again

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
otter34
Old
#17  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jul 2010
Replaced it and now it's recognized, but it still doesn't charge

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more